Stinky Six

MrChrisP
MrChrisP Posts: 321
edited April 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Picked her up yesterday so please excuse the cleanliness. That'll all change after Saturday I promise!

SNV30015.jpg

SNV30013.jpg

SNV30017.jpg

The pink in the decals I am sure Andy will appreciate....
Kona Stinky Six
Kona Scrap
Scott YZ4

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    edited April 2010
    looks quite nice but the one i rode sucked

PS happy now?
  • jay12 wrote:
    looks quite nice but stinkys suck IMO
    Jay... have you ridden one?

Looks nice... Bro has always had stinkys and he loves them!
  • MrChrisP
    I'm a big fan of Kona's so I'll always be biased. Each to his own I suppose....

Will let you know after Saturday what it's like.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • Should be nice... tis a nice idea having a shorter travel stinky.
  • MrChrisP
    I'm still a junior when it comes to biking so didn't see any point in getting a missive 9" FS like some of my mates have. This'll start me off nicely I reckon.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    I was going to buy one of these, but couldn't afford it all in one chunk...Let us know how it rides! :P
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    jay12 wrote:
    eh? why? Looks pretty nice to me! but as another post says - needs more pink! ;)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    stinkys are great... and a 6 inch version sounds like a right laugh...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • jay12
    jay12 wrote:
    eh? why? Looks pretty nice to me! but as another post says - needs more pink! ;)
    it does look nice but unless they have changed it loads then the ride is poor
  • jay12
    Have you ridden one?!
  • jay12
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    jay12
    Have you ridden one?!
    yup. not sure on the year though
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    jay12 wrote:
    Nice comment on someone's brand new bike... Show a little respect... (FWIW, i'd rather have that stinky six than your kinesis ;) )

Looks like a nice ride anyway, though if it was me, i'd probably swap the shock out for an air one to save a load of weight and go singlespeed with a chain guide up front, but it is a brand new bike! I'm sure there'll be loads of upgrades to come
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • jay12
    ilovedirt wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    Nice comment on someone's brand new bike... Show a little respect... (FWIW, i'd rather have that stinky six than your kinesis ;) )
    and have you ridden my kinesis :P

:lol:
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    The stinky 6 isn't a common bike, but the reviews it gets are mostly great, not sure what Jay's on about :lol: Jay are you part of the Kona-Headtube-Snap-Hate group? :wink:
  • jay12
    mrfmilo wrote:
    The stinky 6 isn't a common bike, but the reviews it gets are mostly great, not sure what Jay's on about :lol: Jay are you part of the Kona-Headtube-Snap-Hate group? :wink:
    as i said, if kona have massively changed it then i take my comment back. fortunatly it did not snap while i rode it :wink:
  • MrChrisP
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Looks like a nice ride anyway, though if it was me, i'd probably swap the shock out for an air one to save a load of weight and go singlespeed with a chain guide up front, but it is a brand new bike! I'm sure there'll be loads of upgrades to come

Yeah upgrades will follow don't you worry :D
    I've only ever ridden coil shocks. Are air ones really that much better?
    As for single speed, I am considering it. Chain guide is definitely on the list of shiny things that I want.

And jay12, I've got no problem with your comment. As I said, each to their own. I've had a few Kona's and have always loved them, but I'm well aware that some bikes aren't everyones cup of tea. SuperSonic will hate me for this but I've even ridden a couple GT's that I didn't really enjoy (most of them I did though).

I'm heading up to Laggan Wolftrax tomorrow to try it out properly for the first time so I will report back then with my opinion on how it rides.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • ilovedirt
    MrChrisP wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

As for single speed, I am considering it. Chain guide is definitely on the list of shiny things that I want.
    Air shocks aren't necessarily better, but that coil shock is a cheap one, if you get a nice air shock, you'll have much more control over performance and spring rates etc, plus they're a lot lighter.

Single ring up front is nice too, makes it that little bit simpler!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    jay12 wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    and have you ridden my kinesis :P
    The fact that kona have stuck with their four bar linkage for about 15 years and as such have had that long to really hone and perfect it really speaks for itself, IMO.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • jay12
    MrChrisP wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

And jay12, I've got no problem with your comment. As I said, each to their own. I've had a few Kona's and have always loved them, but I'm well aware that some bikes aren't everyones cup of tea. SuperSonic will hate me for this but I've even ridden a couple GT's that I didn't really enjoy (most of them I did though).

I'm heading up to Laggan Wolftrax tomorrow to try it out properly for the first time so I will report back then with my opinion on how it rides.
    thanks mate. didn't want to make it come across as that bad
  • MrChrisP
    jay12 wrote:
    thanks mate. didn't want to make it come across as that bad

No worries dude. If you do want something to laugh at though, I have got a Viper Skinny Boy frame sitting about that I plan on building up. :D
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4