***La Fléche Wallonne SPOILER***

124»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Don't need to make anti BMC statements.
    The implications on their already depleted squad, of a long-term injury to Kroon, is evident.
    An awful crash. His photo says it all. Hope he makes the speediest recovery possible.

Same goes for Popo and the others involved, too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Highest placed Sky finisher was Lovkvist in 23rd. This must mean that they are almost twice as good as they were last Sunday when Nordhaug finished 45th in Amstel. Perhaps the temperature is closer to what they expected.

BTW, why does Cadel seem like he's looking forward to a good nose-pick?

pic104586156_600.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's looking a bit pasty is our Cadel.

He dedicated the win to Aldo Sassi who is apparently unwell.

A win like this gives him a serious option for Sunday and I'm finding it hard to pick anyone else as the favourite to win the Giro, unless some pharmaceutical magic in Trentino sways my mind.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I just watched the race - One observation is that Cadel is looking pretty slim. He definitely looks like someone who's peaking for the Giro.

On the subject of BMC - Agree Blaze they're looking depleted. Mauro Santambrogio travelled to the Ardennes with Cadel AFAIK, so I think the team are hoping the situation will be resolved shortly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • miffed
    miffed Posts: 469
    Just watched the last kms on sporza. That was brilliant, shouting at Cadel for blowing it half way up the Mur :oops: but what a finish I was cheering and clapping on my own in my flat. Chapeau.

Cuddle I love you. 50 points woop
    Puke washes out, Glory lasts forever
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Jeff Bernards comments are worth a read

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves20 ... iance.html
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    No highlights on Brit Eurosport - was meant to be 2200 but it's snooker instead - anyone know when they might be on instead? :evil:
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    pomtarr wrote:
    No highlights on Brit Eurosport - was meant to be 2200 but it's snooker instead - anyone know when they might be on instead? :evil:

It's just started. Supposedly followed by highlights of the women's race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    :D
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Kléber wrote:
    He rode a clever race, the final is all about timing, taking the right line and pacing yourself. Concede a couple of seconds and it's over but go too much into the red and you will lose too. Experience won the day.

As an admitted Contador fanboy, albeit on a different level than our friend Frenchie, I think Kleber is dead on.

Contador looked like he was smashing a massive gear, while Evans just danced away.

For a high cadence climber, Contador looked like he couldn't turn the pedals.

Three cheers for cuddles!