Camelbak Bladder Cleaning Help

northtrack
northtrack Posts: 77
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Hi Guys, just come to use my Camelbak Hawk 3L and noticed that theres a large build up of orange isotonic drink inside the bladder, I've tried washing this using normal methods and also soaking in those tablets that clean babies bottles but it still isnt shifting.

Please could anyone recommend something that might shift it? I don't want to use any that will cause damage or also leave a bad taste in the bladder.

I've emailed Camelbak but they haven't replied yet.

Thanks

Pete

Comments

• RockingDad
    RockingDad Posts: 239
    Is it dirt on the bladder or is it staining from the orange colourants of the drink? have you scrubbed it with the correct type of brushes to get in the nooks and crannies?

RD
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    northtrack wrote:
    noticed that theres a large build up of orange isotonic drink inside the bladder
    Eew :)

Those baby sterilising tablets or denture cleaners will get rid of light build-ups but proper hardcore growths need some brewer's sterilising powder.
  • FuzzySime
    FuzzySime Posts: 13
    I recently found some gunk in my camelback after not emptying it. It had been lying over the winter and the bag and tube were prity grotty.

I rinsed it out, filled it with water and put three sternadent tablets in it. Left it overnight, gave it 2 or 3 rinses out and that seemed to do the trick.

Hope that helps.
    If im ignorant, that's the first I've heard of it!
  • Hi Chaps, cheers for quick replies

It is staining from the orange colourants of the drink, I've tried doing some mild scubbing but not too hard, but I'll have another go with the tablets and a hard brush tonight when I get in from work.

Thanks again

Pete
  • Denture cleaning tablets are what I've used but I've still got orange stained bottles. Doesn't effect the taste and is purely cosmetic. Don't worry about it as long as they are disinfected.
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mine has some suspicious stains too but it doesn't seem to actually do anything, it's as clean as I can make it so I'm just pretending they're not there. The real fun is when stuff starts growing in the hose, ewwwwwww. And then you clean it out with the special tool and all the black ooze drops out in the sink and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww I've been drinking through that ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ok thanks everyone, soaking for a third time, the taste of orange was present after first soak, If it's still there after this then I'll just live with it :)
  • all I do is rinse it and wack it in the freezer!
  • t121anf
    t121anf Posts: 31
    mines has done the same, decided to sterilise, rinse well and freeze it.

its only colour, no taste or anything so who cares can't see it so dont let it bother you