2009 Reba Race

Almightydutch
Almightydutch Posts: 264
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Are they convertable to 120mm or stuck at 100mm travel?

cheers
4 wheels bad
2 wheels good
1 wheel for fun

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it an All travel version?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Not sure Nick, they are on Pinkbike. Might just leave it for now. I'm still after some revelations to be honest.
    4 wheels bad
    2 wheels good
    1 wheel for fun
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    Funny. I also got the impression that my 100mm Reba Race forks where convertable to 120mm. Then when I bought them I thought this wasn't the case. These are the ones I bought & yes they are all travel ........ erm, what's all travel?! :?

http://www.jejamescycles.com/reba-race- ... 45529.html
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dogboy73
    you can add or remove spacers to change the travel.

All the info in in the service manual if you want to download it and have a read.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    nicklouse wrote:
    dogboy73
    you can add or remove spacers to change the travel.

All the info in in the service manual if you want to download it and have a read.
    Cool. Is it relatively easy to do I should I get it done? Must admit I'm not that confident about ripping my lovely new forks to pieces just yet. Maybe when they need a service I'll get it done then. In the mean time I'll see how I go with 100mm (once the rebuild is finished) as this is what the bike's geometry is set-up for apparently.