who fell off on the new cannock chase monkey trail sat?

richg1979
richg1979 Posts: 1,087
edited April 2010 in MTB general
seen a lot of bruises and cuts n scrapes on the opening of the monkey trail section of follow the dog sat morning.

com, on show your selves

i cracked a rib the week before an a stupid jump that lands on a stupid berm the goes up a stupid hill, i think there was free vodka on tap when theye made that bit, other than that bit. very good if a bit up hilly.

i was talking to a guy on a black commy super 4 who fell off who look quite sore, and a guy went over the bars on the steep tight rock garden sections in the trees.

Comments

• Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    nothing against Cannock Chase but that Follow the Dog needs something to add a little zing.
    LOL road riding.
  • Doombrain
    re-reading that it's not meant as a flame. I just thought follow the dog was over in a flash. even taking your time there's about 40 mins in it and the first time i went i had to stop and wait for some men to finish the a section on uni-cycles.
    LOL road riding.
  • richg1979
    it only opened sat :?

monkey trail not old ftd, i could clear the old ftd in 29 mins, new 1 is much longer and fun and does not send you to sleep.
  • Doombrain
    what about the uni-cycles
    LOL road riding.
  • richg1979
    they do come off quite easyly with a swift kick
  • Doombrain
    but really, who lets these people on? i bet if i hit one on a fast section it would be my fault.
    LOL road riding.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    We were just going up the bash road for our 4th run on the Tackeroo-Birches Valley section when someone binned it in the rollers towards the end. It didn't look good.
  • trip
    trip Posts: 64
    Those rollers at the end made me feel sick!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    They're good though eh? :D

It was interesting to see how people were riding them; some were almost stalling on the tops, others were pulling tabletops and x-ups. Great fun.
  • trip
    trip Posts: 64
    The whole thing is great fun. Havent ridden a trail on the chase in years which made me grin so much!

I noticed quite a few trees have claimed some victims already.
  • T1berious
    T1berious Posts: 438
    I'm heading down there this weekend :) really looking forward to it. Went down over the other side a couple of weeks back to explore and saw the new sections (didn't ride them though) and it looks good..

How much longer would you say it is compared to Follow the Dog? we do it in under 40 minutes.

:)
  • colt
    colt Posts: 173
    Went down Saturday to ride just thenew monkey trail bit, I had that much fun I was back Sunday to ride the complete loop and had an absolute blast!!

All those people who used to knock the dog as being boring are in for a bit of a surprise when they give the new one a go, as well as the monkey being added on there's a new ending to the dog with plenty of berms and jumps thrown in. I was gutted when I heard the chainslapper was to close but the new sections more than make up for it.

Follow the dog is now well worth a drive to and certainly earns it,s red rating, think there was three ambulances called the first day!

If you do the full loop I think it,s now about 14 miles of fun fun fun! :D
    Trek Fuel EX8 Rootbeer, mmm beer!