Wednesday, September 15
Stage 5: Tavistock - Glastonbury, 176km

Thursday, September 16
Stage 6: King's Lynn - Great Yarmouth, 189km

Friday, September 17
Stage 7: Bury St Edmunds - Colchester, 151km

Saturday, September 18
Stage 8: London (Newham) 100km

That transfer from Glastonbury to Kings Lynn will go down well with the riders.

Comments

• At least they've cut down the majority of the other transfers I suppose. What's worse, lots of middle distance ones, or one whacking great one?

Nice to see Wales return (should quieten down a few people!) and a Swansea finish...oooh does that mean what I think it means? :twisted:

First couple of days look good, be at a weekend with some nice scenic climbs by the general route of it, so should make for some good spectating.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    A 250 mile transfer mid race? No thanks.

Here's the current teams down to ride;

An Post
    Cervelo Test Team
    Endura
    Garmin Transitions
    HTC Columbia
    Motorpoint Marshalls Pasta
    Rabobank
    Raleigh
    Rapha Condor Sharp
    Saxo Bank
    Sigma Sport Specialized
    Skil Shimano
    Team Sky
    Topsport Vlaanderen
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    At least they've cut down the majority of the other transfers I suppose. What's worse, lots of middle distance ones, or one whacking great one?

Nice to see Wales return (should quieten down a few people!) and a Swansea finish...oooh does that mean what I think it means? :twisted:

First couple of days look good, be at a weekend with some nice scenic climbs by the general route of it, so should make for some good spectating.

Constitution Hill?
  • Andy, perhaps you should tell the Giro organisers that! :D

+2 still TBA for your team list btw.

Quite a few British teams this year, not convinced all of them have the strength for it though, or at least the strength to be anything but there for the ride. Will look forward to being proved wrong by them now.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Constitution Hill would be great... and the Stoke stage seems to suggest a good visit to the Peak District... we'll see when the route details are reveiled I suppose
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Wot no Newcastle? :(
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    A stage finishing in my home town of Great Yarmouth!!

Gotta be back there for that, and for any sportive style tour stage that might be linked to it.

Bad planning that this follows a stage in the West Country though - that's a heck of a transfer, not all of it on motorways either...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bradleeeeee is complaining there is no TT so won't be competing.

I thought by that point in the season Wiggins was in full beer monster mode?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    edited April 2010
    iainf72 wrote:

Doesn't he owe Cavendish a good effort in the Worlds this year?
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    More like Tour of the regions time forgot :wink:

The Glasto to Kings Lynn transfer is rubbish, couldn't they find anywhere in between that wanted to host a start and finish?
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    iainf72 wrote:

wasn't he prepping for the Worlds TT last year and only hit the sauce at the end of Sept?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • iainf72 wrote:

I fully agree, dreadful decision by the organsiers, they should have had a Prologue, and then a variety of 10m, 25m, 50m, 100m and TTT solely to appease him. After all aren't time trials facinating viewing.

Anyway doesn't he usually spending the ToB getting p*ssed up before climbing off on day three?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    The UK has enough time trials anyway.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    zzzzzzzzzz

What uh...

What's goin on

oh TOB

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • eh wrote:
    More like Tour of the regions time forgot :wink:

The Glasto to Kings Lynn transfer is rubbish, couldn't they find anywhere in between that wanted to host a start and finish?

Errrr, I guess not!

WTF is wrong with you lot? Don't you think that the organisers tried to minimise transfers as much as possible but they can only organise the race between towns that want it.

It's bad enough the press bitching, al they care about is having to drive themselves and missing out on a few beers in the evening!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    First up : Constitution Hill. According to the BBC, it's being used. Hooray! I might go and watch.

Secondly, transfers. There are scheduled flights for Exeter to Norwich, so surely it's not beyond the wit of man to organize an extra one for a day. And before that they will be able enjoy a luxury cruise on the Swansea-Ilfracombe ferry. The other transfers are no big deal.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    patchy wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

wasn't he prepping for the Worlds TT last year and only hit the sauce at the end of Sept?

Bit later - he ended his season by winning the Herald Sun Tour on October 17th.
  • Hooray I get to watch stages four and five in person :D

Bradley who? :roll:
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • neilmacd
    neilmacd Posts: 128
    Tur of Britain - Tour of England and Wales more like.
    Understand the need for minimising transfers where possible but bit of a misnomer methinks.
    Scott CR1 Team
    Bitsa training bike. Bitsa this Bitsa that.......
    I'd rather quit than buy from Halfords
  • If it visited each of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight every year and kept to eight days then you really would be moaning about transfers.

Even the TdF doesn't visit every region, every year. Scotland's had it for the past four or five years with Wales moaning they didn't get it, now Wales gets it and Scotland moans they haven't got it!
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    RichN95 wrote:
    And before that they will be able enjoy a luxury cruise on the Swansea-Ilfracombe ferry.

If it ever opens.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    neilmacd wrote:
    Understand the need for minimising transfers where possible but bit of a misnomer methinks.
    Fair, but to be even fairer, the Welsh have had a lot more to complain along that line for a long time now... 'Tour of England and One Other Nation'?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    neilmacd wrote:

It's been to Scotland in each of the last five editions and on four occasions a stage has started or finished in Glasgow. But miss one year and it's boo hoo hoo. Don't you think you're being a little greedy?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    if the socks wanted it so much they'd have paid for it, doubt they were helped by the shocking turnout at gretna last year. unless they can start/ finish a weekend stage in glasgow or edinburgh i wouldn't take it to scorland anyway, no one lives there. the geogrpaphical spread is abit poo though i admit. i'm in hull and the nearest start is rochdale and finish probably stoke., all at least 100miles away

starting in rochdale however is a joke, sweetspot need to start to think a bit more long term and try for a big start to the race, instead of nothing towns like scunthorpe and rochdale getting stage one.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Lionel Birnie tweeted that Mick Bennett said Sky asked for a TT for "one of their riders"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Oooh now I wonder which one :roll:

Wasn't aware it was particularly usual for teams to ask for a certain type of stage for one of their riders (outside of Grand Tours and begging for TTTs/mountain top finishes). Sky desperate to ensure they take a win on British roads this season?
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Didn't Wiggins pull back a break practically by himself last year? Then abandoned to prep for the worlds?

Bit sad to have no stages in the North of England. But there have been in the last couple of years so no cause for complaint really.

Have police played any role in the location of the stages?
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Last time I checked both Rochdale and Blackpool were in the north of England.
  • incog24 wrote:
    Have police played any role in the location of the stages?

Yeah London, because some bloke with a silly hat is in town that day :lol: