Pip Gilbert loses mind

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
He's re-signed with Lotto until the end of 2012
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• someone has to win for them, Cadel did it for a few years though not when it counted. He seems like the kind of rider that doesnt really need a whole team around him must be getting good money certainly cant see the team budget going much else where
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    His team were pretty good yesterday, and no Evans to worry about.

Plus Belgian teams pay through the nose for Belgian one-day winners.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    He's the undisputed team leader at Omega-Lotto, so why move? I'm sure he's happy with the pay rise too.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    "So Mr Gilbert, what was it about the multi-million Euro contract that convinced you to sign?" :wink:

They are always a chaotic team but he's clearly at home and can deliver the results in the races of his choice.
  • andyp
    There's been a lot of talk recently of Cancellara being able to win all 5 monuments but I reckon Gilbert has as good a chance, if not better, of being able to achieve this.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805

yeah but would have been nice if he had lead out at GW thou
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    I bet Lefevre is gutted.
  • rick_chasey

yeah but would have been nice if he had lead out at GW thou

True.

Doubt he'd have beaten Eisel anyway.
  • Kléber
    Lefevre is a busted flush. His bossy style puts off many riders, he's a hard boss.
  • mididoctors
    andyp wrote:
    There's been a lot of talk recently of Cancellara being able to win all 5 monuments but I reckon Gilbert has as good a chance, if not better, of being able to achieve this.

not while cancellara is around he doesn't!

he will have to pick the years chinny ain't there FTW... still what else has it got to aim for..
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Kléber wrote:
    Lefevre is a busted flush. His bossy style puts off many riders, he's a hard boss.

I'm keen on Lefevre.

Marc Sergeant is hardly soft on his riders.
  • mididoctors
    Its good the old Lotto vs Quickstep rivalry thing has some real edge to it..

good luck to him
  • rick_chasey
    still what else has it got to aim for..

They have the best Belgian GC contender in years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurgen_Van_Den_Broeck
  • andyp
    They have the best Belgian GC contender since the last one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_van_huffel

Fixed that for you. :wink:
  • Kléber
    Van den Broeck is an interesting case, he has moved to Italy in order to train on "real" mountains, as opposed to riding in the Ardennes and having to deal with the pressure of the Belgian media.

But Kevin Seeldrayers, Dries Devenyns and Maxime Monfort are also able contenders here.
  • rick_chasey
    Kléber wrote:
    Van den Broeck is an interesting case, he has moved to Italy in order to train on "real" mountains, as opposed to riding in the Ardennes and having to deal with the pressure of the Belgian media.

But Kevin Seeldrayers, Dries Devenyns and Maxime Monfort are also able contenders here.

Possibly.

Broeck has shown in the Giro, and was even mixing it with the big boys on Arcalis.

I rate him as the best Belgian GT rider, which always carries a big bonus for any Belgian team.