Dyfi Enduro Questions

dan45a
dan45a Posts: 143
edited April 2010 in XC and Enduro
Hi, I've entered my first Dyfi Enduro and had a few questions. So if anyone with experience or knowledge of this event could give me some info it would be great.

How long is it? I have heard distances from 45k to 75k?

What is the terrain like? I ride the merida/CRC marathons regularly how does it differ?

What tyres? I usually run Maxxis high rollers for trail centres or crossmarks for marathons, what would suit the dyfi?

Cheers.

Comments

• MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Did it last year and it was around 60k. But first part you are lead out on the road so is fairly gentle. Climbs are fairly steady and some very good descents(for an enduro) There is a fair amount of slate and loose slate so you want some reasonable volume tyres that have decent side walls. I did it on a rigid single speed last year and it was all very rideable but plan on using a geared hard tail this time as it will be quicker
  • turnercraig
    turnercraig Posts: 537
    I'm doing this for the first time also,could have done with another couple of weeks training atleast but really looking forward to it. Lets hope the weather lasts!!

Is it just the one feed station about half way round? And what do they have on it?
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    One feed station-last year they had everything-High 5, PSP , bananas, flap jacks cake etc etc
    There were also cheerleader at the top of the first climb!!!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I've always thought the technical bits are harder than on the Meridas.
  • turnercraig
    turnercraig Posts: 537
    MikeWW wrote:
    One feed station-last year they had everything-High 5, PSP , bananas, flap jacks cake etc etc
    There were also cheerleader at the top of the first climb!!!

Sounds good, do they have just water aswell?

Ye I've seen videos on youtube of the chearleaders and a band on a different climb! Also a guy in a monkey suite in the middle of the forest handing out bananas!