PTP - Amstel Gold Race

1235»

Comments

• stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    If only you got double points for being the only one to pick a rider. Damn you Gilbert and your PTP acolytes ...

Was wondering if anyone got him. A really good pick there

Watched a lot of the very up and down Basque stages and thought he looked very strong most days and fancied a bit of an outside pick after a dreadful few weeks PTP.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    I think the first person to pick a point scorer in a PTP thread should get bonus points

Just rewards people who are on line more, or rather disadvantages those who don't/can't sit on the forums all day. Also we'd just end up with people trying to get their picks in earlier and earlier.

I.e. I'm going off travelling tomorrow, so could I register Contador for the TdF GC, Cav for Stages X, Y & Z and etc etc.

true enough
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I think the first person to pick a point scorer in a PTP thread should get bonus points
    OK 8)

But seriously, it is a season long competition and if you pick the winner, then well done. It was in no way certain that Gilbert would win, at several times in the race I thought my pick was wasted, especially when the move came back with 5km to go.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Frick. Went with the outside pick instead of the pick I thought all along that would win (and did). So no points for me.

At least I put my money on GIlbert to win @ 8.5 to 1