hertfordshire riders any?

benjidays
benjidays Posts: 69
edited June 2010 in MTB rides
anyone in herts wanting to do some xc, dh,trips away nite rides,lets us no im in borehamwood,but can travel,pick up ,gissa shout. cheers . SX TRAIL 05

Comments

• The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I sometimes ride with these guys.Very friendly bunch,normally do a Tuesday night ride and a Sunday morning.

http://ottmountainbike.co.uk/4.html
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • shaunybee
    shaunybee Posts: 35
    Wow - thought noone else rode in the area. Just moved (well 6 months ago:) to St Albans - cant find anyone or anywhere to go - quite bored. I have car and bikes - where you head off to then? I went to Chicksands last week - but it is all teenagers doing mud jumps etc - not my bag at all? Interested in a riding buddy? let me know?

S
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Have you been to Woburn?

There are jumps, mini-dh runs and a lot of XC trails
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • shaunybee
    Thanks for the info - will be checking it out v soon!
  • dwclay99
    dwclay99 Posts: 100
    im from wheathampstead (next to st albans) i will buddy up!
  • malc101
    malc101 Posts: 115
    I am in Bishops Stortford, nr Stanstead and looking for local places to ride. I have just moved here. I will have to check out Woborn, got a mate who lives nr there.

Is there any trial centres in our part of the world? I have been to Dalby forest, afan and coedy recently. There must be something similar?
    MTB - 2013 Giant Trance X 29er 1
    Road - 2005 Lemond Maillot Jaune with 2013 105 and 2014 Fulcrum 5's
    Winter Hack - 2005 Marin Rocky Ridge with 1x9 and Rigid Conversion (On Going)
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i live in hertford. loads of riding around :)
  • benjidays
    shaunybee
    yo lets hook up fotr a ride then dude,locallally or go some were like broxbourne,just got bac from a wicked week in scotland kirroughtree,dalbeattie,ae and glentress.lets do it gissa shout.
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    Anyone in the St Albans / Wheathampsted area - check out The Jolly Saturdays.

Meet Saturday 8am in front of the Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.

It's a (very) informal group, widely varied in terms of fitness & skill etc. Usually get a group of around 8 -12 doing 2-3 hours around trails of north Herts.

If you're interested, just show up and say hello.

Having said that, there prob won't be many show up this Saturday. Most of us are off to the Evans ride in Milton Keynes.

There's a Thursday night ride too. MTBs in winter but on-road for the Summer. Again from The Jolly Sailor, 6pm ish every Thurs.
  • dwclay99
    dwclay99 Posts: 100
    mcmullej wrote:
    Anyone in the St Albans / Wheathampsted area - check out The Jolly Saturdays.

Meet Saturday 8am in front of the Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.

It's a (very) informal group, widely varied in terms of fitness & skill etc. Usually get a group of around 8 -12 doing 2-3 hours around trails of north Herts.

If you're interested, just show up and say hello.

Having said that, there prob won't be many show up this Saturday. Most of us are off to the Evans ride in Milton Keynes.

There's a Thursday night ride too. MTBs in winter but on-road for the Summer. Again from The Jolly Sailor, 6pm ish every Thurs.

8am! on the day after friday night!
  • shaunybee
    Sorry - just got back from hols - will catch up soon! Was intending to hit a ride this weekend but my sis has decided to stay and get in the way :(
  • Smiler15
    Smiler15 Posts: 129
    Hey Benjidays, Hoping to get some lights soonish so I can go night riding during the week! Would defo be up for it once I've got some!

Also, saw about 8 guys on a night ride in the woods on lords street on tuesday. Any of you on bikeradar?! :)
  • shaunybee
    Think I should be free on Sunday ... anyone else around > should be able to hit a trail or two if anyone can think of where ....!

Sorry late notice but my sis has been messing me around over a visit this weekend .....
  • shaunybee
    I take it back - seems she is now coming - but I will be free Monday ,,, if anyone else is....?

Otherwise hope you all have a great bank holiday!

S
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Hiyya guys, I live in Watford so not too far from you guys. There a few riding spots around here. There some small woods in Watford called Whipendale woods nothing amazing but has a few little mini dowhill runs and a bit of single track. There's also Ashridge which is up the A41 and Wendover woods. If you are into downhill then Aston Hill just opposite Wendover is good fun.
  • mcmullej
    Jollies MTB Night Ride.

Tuesday night @ 8:30 from Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.
  • shaunybee
    I guess you all have lights then ...?
  • Cat7
    Cat7 Posts: 2
    I ride every Sat and sun morning in and around Broxbourne & Hoddesdon woods.
    I'm always up for trips to Afan and Coed as well so if anyones up for it give me a shout.

Jon
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    I work in hertford so i'd be interested in going out with folks in the area when I get free time or light nights free. I'm up for riding this saturday if anyone is free, for a fun, dh/jumpy trail play day.
  • mcmullej
    shaunybee wrote:
    I guess you all have lights then ...?

We do. Mostly Hope 2's or MagicShines.

Both very good. Didn't need them at the start on Tues, it was still bright.
  • shaunybee
    Well - I am (check this...) allowed out on Sunday - anyone free?
    Lights - i will check out as I will definatelt be needing some if I am ever going to meet up in the week!

S
  • dagzin
    dagzin Posts: 70
    [quo

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 12:16 pm
    I work in hertford so i'd be interested in going out with folks in the area when I get free time or light nights free. I'm up for riding this saturday if anyone is free, for a fun, dh/jumpy trail play day.te]

i be up for this nxt sat,busy this sat, but out for a ride in broxboure this fri aftrenoon[/quote]
  • benjidays
    yeah im up for a early sunday ride bocky if anyone up for it.private message me,and arrange time and place. cheers
  • shaunybee
    I just got some of those magic shine lights so will be able to join you all on the week evening rides now! Woohoo!

Thanks for the review - amazing price for them too.
  • shaunybee
    benjidays
    mcmullej
    Let me know if another night ride is on - I av me lights!
    S
  • BikegirlNS
    BikegirlNS Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am looking to do a ride this weekend...wondering if anyone can confirm whether the Jolly Saturday meet up will be happening?

Alternatively, any other one-off (or regular) rides to add to this list, by chance?:)

Ta,
    Nikkie
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i may be around this coming weekend.
  • benjidays
    wicked ride sunday though brocky,big shout to jon and shaun.hope to meet up again soon guys.i need to buy new cassette and chain though cant b doing with the chain slip again.let us no when riding.
  • mcmullej
    shaunybee wrote:
    benjidays
    mcmullej
    Let me know if another night ride is on - I av me lights!
    S

Tonight, Tuesday 8pm start from The Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.

We did about 90 mins out towards Wheathampsted last week. Plan is for something slightly longer tonight. Maybe Ayot Greenway & Brocket Hall.

Weather was looking really good for tonight.. until just now. Oh, hang on, suns out again.

We're a friendly, informal, very mixed bunch. Just pop along and say hello.
  • shaunybee
    Cheers Lee -( and Jon) had a great time too. Really surprised at the quality of the riding - made my weekend!

Erm - I should be able to hit it again Sunday all being good?