What do you wear?

MarkDon
MarkDon Posts: 200
edited April 2010 in MTB general
As title, when you go for a ride, what do you wear?

Say a day like today, sunny, warm, bit of a breeze?

I'm rocking over to kielder tomorrow, will be wearing a pair of Endura shorts with padded shorts under, a pair of karrimor trail trainers & a random t-shirt.

Will have my backpack with i-pod in, few tools, couple of spare tubes, first aid kit, a few snacks & drinks.

Just interested to see how many people wear cycle specific gear as appose to jeans & t-shirt.

Tempted to buy a jersey but dont want to look a complete tool as i'm panting & pushing the bike up a hill :lol:
2009 Kona Blast Deluxe - W.I.P Started...
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12693279

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Whatever you want me to wear..

:wink:
  • This topic comes up quite a lot.

I tend to wear padded shorts and SPD shoes, then just whatever shorts and decent wicking t-shirt I find. I quite like American football shirts in summer because they are roomy enough for padding if you need it, but very well vented.

Camelback Scudo with water, tools, couple of tubes, punchy kit, pump, 1st aid kit with foil blanket, lightweight windproof jacket, mobile and a flapjack.
  • Same as really,

Endura Shorts, T shirt, SIDI SPD Shoes, Camelback Mule, Water, Mars bar, Go Bar, Tube Punny kit, Pump, Multi tool and bike tool !

Sometimes wear a long sleeved riding top, mainly because of the cut at the back hem where it duck tails down, when Ts start to ride up it gets on my wick !

It doesent really matter what you look like as long as u r comfy, altho looking good is nearly as important as being able to ride,

Altho !
    There's nowt worse than sum one in Full Face & Body Armour taking the chicken run round an obstacle or drop an then cross the trail at 90 degree angle thinking no one is comming ! Done that a few times and landed on a couple !

It doesent go down well when u ask if thats the reason they are wearing armout n a full face lid !
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Depends on the ride really, for local short stuff then it is whatever I put on in the morning, but for longer rides and trail centres and stuff then bike spec shorts, knee/shin pads dependent on the trail and a t shirt and gloves, and helmet of course
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i ride naked, saves on buying a washing machine

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    Endura single track 3/4s, Primal wear jersey ,Giro helmet, Bloc eye wear, Full finger gloves, Addias flat shoes, Deuter -x- Race back pack with 2ltr bladder.
    Pump, puncture kit, OSmap, Mobile , Park multi tool, Mars bar ect.

:shock: Sounds alot but all fits neatly .
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Today - ankle socks, 3/4 bib tights, endura single track shorts, short sleave base layer and short sleave jersey. Always wear cycle specific clothing - that's what's best for comfort I find! Can't stand a sweaty cotton tshirt :(

Edit - plus full fingers gloves, sunglasses, helmet and camelback mule! :)
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Hercule Q wrote:
    i ride naked, saves on buying a washing machine

Udder Cream ?? :shock:
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    trainers t-shirt shorts helmet sat on a bike. litre bottle of liquid, usual crap in the saddle pack, was the order of today
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    Padded undergarments & shorts & a bike specific short or long sleeve top depending on the time of year.

Never ever under any circumstances tights as they are for homo's :shock:
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)
  • V5ade
    V5ade Posts: 192
    I normally wear padded Endura shorts and Specialized SPD shoes, and a Nike wicking t-shirt in the summer, Gore jersey, when it's a little colder, Gore bib tights and Gore wind proof soft shell in the winter (with Specialized SPD winter boots).
    However today I realised that I was wearing all black clothes on a black bike, with black helmet and black sunglasses while riding home at 1800. Not smart especially as I have dark skin.... It's open invitation for me to get knocked off again, and as we have a baby due in 4 months I need to start thinking a bit smarter!

Edited as I forgot the CamelBack Mule (more for iPod, tubes, pump and tools than the water).
    Somewhere in the Surrey Hills :-)
  • Sombrio riding shorts. They have zip vents on the inside of the leg which direct nice cold air to my chap.

Also wear a rockgardn wind stopper to keep me warm when I stop for some fud!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    assos ( i was a roadie :roll: ) and sombrio lowline 09 shorts.
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Bought a couple of pairs of these a couple of weeks back and love 'em. Last few rides have just been wearing a baggy DH jerseys with a short sleeve base layer underneath. Good times. 8)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Cheapy (But good) Lidl jersey and base layer, Cheapy Karimore Cycling shorts, Shimano SPD shoes, Giro Helmet, Oakley Eyewear (Wouldn't wear anything but oakley now!) Camelback with all the usuall, 661 Gloves
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    A brave face, especially riding any black routes for the very first time...
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Altura Mayhem shorts (free with mag subscription) and Fox baggy trail s/s jerseys.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    Padded undershorts, Race Face DH 3/4s or shorts (dirt cheap at lbs) or olde baggies, any top that i have handy, spd boots or shoes, lid, Rudy Project glasses, Camelbak with lots of water + usual bits n bobs plus shinguards. Usually worn through heather or thick foilage due to a dint on shin. Full finger gloves and a grimmace.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    just some 3/4 cotton(i think) shorts, normal t-shirt and normal trainers. but will be geting a royal sub10 jersey, royal sub10 shorts(possibly) and maybe some shoes for flats
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    m_cozzy wrote:
    Padded undergarments & shorts & a bike specific short or long sleeve top depending on the time of year.

Never ever under any circumstances tights as they are for homo's :shock:

I feel like an idiot in tights sometimes, but they are really comfortable, great in winter.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • MarkDon
    MarkDon Posts: 200
    Deffo need a jersey i've decided, bloody sweating at the weekend, dont know if the jersey will cure this, or the horrible feeling when i take off my pack to get a snack, then put it back on, and its bloody soaking and freezing!

It might not help, but i'll look good when i shout "ahyamuthafunker" when i put my pack back on.
    2009 Kona Blast Deluxe - W.I.P Started...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12693279
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    A dress