So I was washing my bike and...

Valy
Valy Posts: 1,321
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
all of a sudden there was a line on the fork an i did not really see how it could be there - did not have any zip-ties on there before etc. I took a closer look and... there was a crack - about 70%-80% of the way around. The bike was taken to the shop and it's only going to get looked at by Friday, nm how long it will take for it to be fixed/replaced.

Good thing I decided to wash the bike huh... :shock:

IMG_2320.jpgIMG_2321.jpgIMG_2322.jpg

Here are some more, including the ones above, but in high-res.

Comments

• abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    W O W how do you think you managed that must have been doing something fun
  • Woah!!

Good job you spotted that, your next ride could have ended in a huge accident and possibly a serious injury.

This is exactly why it's worth being a bit obsessive with keeping your bike clean :-)
    On more than one occasion I've found damage/wear of some kind that could've been dangerous...
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    A1200 - I dono really. I have not had any crashes recently or anything like that. However whenever I would brake, the front wheel would go to the side - so maybe the crack first appeared then - and i have been getting this wheel to the side thing for quite some time. :shock:

GR9 - I see what you mean. :P

I thought of cleaning it, but I look at it in a way that if it's a little dirty, it would hopefully be a little more theft-proof as I "commute" on it an leave it in the city.