Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury "Britain's Best Routes"

racefface
racefface Posts: 5
edited April 2010 in Tour & expedition
In a recent Cycling Plus drop out/add in/pull out/whatever/extra special insert "Britains Best Routes" there's a route published from Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury.

Anyone know if there's a GPX/CRS file for it anywhere? Looks like a great ride, and the start and end points fit exactly around some social engagements so I'm looking to do it as a training ride sometime toward the end of June. Unfortunately though (no offence) the route instructions in the pull out seem to be less than comprehensive, and will make even less sense as I plan to ride it in the other direction.

Has anyone done it and have it tracked in a way suitable for my Garmin to keep me on track?

Comments

• Faye
    Faye Posts: 3
    Is this the route?

http://www.routes2ride.org.uk/wales/routes2ride/lon_cambria_aberystwyth_to_shrewsbury/

Looks like it sticks to the main routes, and there are really own two roads in and out of Aberystwyth, so you are still likely to end up there if you take a wrong turning!
  • That's the one, thanks Faye! Two evenings spent scouring Pimpmyride and the like with no joy and you've nailed it in less than half an hour.

R
  • sadjack
    sadjack Posts: 9
    I have done the Lon Cambria - Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury. The ride cross the Elan Valley to Rhayader is truly wonderful. I have ridden part of the Elan Valley in the opposite direction on another ride and its no less beautiful.

Enjoy!

PS - its quite well signed :)