Back Waxing

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
Has anyone on here had there back waxed and is it worth it the girlfriend says i'm a wimp :cry:
So should i get my very hairy back waxed :?:

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Worth it? For what?
  • forcutty
    Andy wrote:
    Worth it? For what?
    I.e is the pain worth it or should i just get it shaved.
    Because she hates it and i'm starting to look like a sasquatch.
  • ropey
    ropey Posts: 96
    plait it...
  • What are you... an ape?!

GF waxed my toes for "fun". Didn't hurt.... MTFU!
  • PhatSi
    PhatSi Posts: 10
    Hi

I have had my back waxed a few times it did hurt and I am what the beautician called a "bleeder" lol but is soon over and it is worth it esp in the summer months! As a fellow sasqautch alike it is worth it. My gf prefers the hairless back look :wink:

I draw the line at the back though - NO WAY to Back, Sack and Crack :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Simon
  • bill_gates
    bill_gates Posts: 469
    Does the back not get very itchy as the hairs start to grow back in? That could be much more of a painful experience than the process of getting it de-fluffed.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • PhatSi
    Bill Gates wrote:
    Does the back not get very itchy as the hairs start to grow back in? That could be much more of a painful experience than the process of getting it de-fluffed.

I don't experience the itchyness although I was advised to keep my back moisturised....
  • My wife's a beauty therapist she says get recommended to a good therapist ie they've doen a back wax before, also do it sitting up but bent forward as you skin being tight is easier to wax, no exercise, bath or swimming for 24hrs afterwards. Hope this helps.
  • bill_gates
    PhatSi wrote:
    I don't experience the itchyness although I was advised to keep my back moisturised....

Never thought about that before, any particular cream and is it possible to do that yourself or do you employ someone to assist? :?:

I've been 'growing mine out' since pre-Christmas and the heat over the last few days is starting to make it itch again.

• PhatSi
    Bill Gates wrote:
    Never thought about that before, any particular cream and is it possible to do that yourself or do you employ someone to assist? :?:

I've been 'growing mine out' since pre-Christmas and the heat over the last few days is starting to make it itch again.

I tend to use what ever the GF has lying around (No funky flavours or smells though) The beautician recommends this cream she puts on after the waxing but never really paid much attention as to what it is!

I can reach most parts of my back but most of the time I just get my GF to do it once a week. :D

Cheers

Simon
  • forcutty
    O.k i've had it done by a professional and it did'nt hurt much at all. I'm now wondering why people make such a big deal out of it. The beutician took about 20mins and it felt like being slapped gently with a ruler!! I also got browny points from the gf :wink: I do feel a lot better for getting it done though.
    Oh and I was given witch hazel gel to rub on for any itchyness. Just no exercise/showers etc for 24hrs and it only cost £11.50 :shock:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I think it was Bruce Willis who said,
    "Middle age is when God takes the hair from your head, and puts in your ears.."
    Or was it rear/nose/neck/back? Whatever...

Yeah, I got the Gorilla thing starting too, me older brother had it for years.
    Bit of a George Best lookalike, in his better days, he is.

Unless my shoulders begin to resemble Mrs Badgers "badger", then it's staying put !
  • forcutty
    You wait till till the gf/wife starts on you!!!!!!
  • bill_gates
    £11.50 is a bit steep for something like that if it needs done every 6 weeks or so?

• Splottboy
    I won a Giant bike and a trip to the TDF in 2008, Part of the prize was to ride with team Columbia, down the Chapms Elysees, who were on Giants then.
    I trained my nuts off, and shaved me legs - being a hairy arsed 26in thighed Mountain Biker - and waited with anticipation to meet Cavendish etc.

Then, got to Paris, to be told the "ride" was off. DOH!
    Never mind, got a guided ride around Paris on ballon tyred bikes, with a Texan guide.
    Oh, and two full Giant kits, jackets, watches and a signed team shirt. And a Giant TCR, Full Ultegra, 4 days, all expenses paid. RESULT!
  • bill_gates
    Splottboy wrote:
    I won a Giant bike and a trip to the TDF in 2008, Part of the prize was to ride with team Columbia, down the Chapms Elysees, who were on Giants then.
    I trained my nuts off, and shaved me legs - being a hairy arsed 26in thighed Mountain Biker - and waited with anticipation to meet Cavendish etc.

Then, got to Paris, to be told the "ride" was off. DOH!
    Never mind, got a guided ride around Paris on ballon tyred bikes, with a Texan guide.
    Oh, and two full Giant kits, jackets, watches and a signed team shirt. And a Giant TCR, Full Ultegra, 4 days, all expenses paid. RESULT!

That's a great story. 8)

• forcutty
    Bill Gates wrote:
    £11.50 is a bit steep for something like that if it needs done every 6 weeks or so?

Not if it keeps the other half happy :P the beautician was damn fine looking too :wink:
  • Splottboy
    Male or female?
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    So, has anyone had the lot done?

The thought of it makes me feel a bit faint.
  • Every 6 weeks? you should be so lucky man! those est times are based on female hair sites. There is a beauty salon attached to the dental practice I work in so am very familiiar with different waxes now. It does hurt, more and more the closer you go toward the base of the hair line at the back of the skull - never go more than an inch towards the hair line! very, very bad idea.

And no I have not had the lot done, I was asked to be a model for the girls training in that area but I firmly told her there she would have to suck 'em before she could wax 'em ( it wasn't an ivitaation - it was a firm no. There is no attraction there at all)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    If you're even thinking about getting you back waxed - the answer is YES!

Not naming names of course, but I sat in with a bloke having his back waxed once and I have to say that it's the most HILARIOUS thing that I have EVER seen :lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe that's just because i'm a girl..... :wink::D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I always wondered why they laugh so much... :?
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    No exercise for 24 hours? Now that's the difficult bit.
  • Splottboy
    What's that movie with the guy who gets waxed? 40 yr old Virgin maybe?
    God, that looked PAIIIIIIIIIIINFUL !
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmmm..

I don't have a hairy back.. but chest and stomach are very hariy, worth it for the summer hell no! thats my hair i spent time growing that stuff!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    mate watch this its me getting waxed for chairty. then make ya own mind up lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyGtMmilck
  • 13ADL1X
    13ADL1X Posts: 151
    wheezee wrote:
    So, has anyone had the lot done?

The thought of it makes me feel a bit faint.

My wife veeted my undercarriage once. Veet obviously doesn't hurt at all as no ripping involved but when it grows back!!!! I was like a dog on heat trying to rub against everything.
    Never again.
    The trail is long and my legs are burning but I can't stop smiling.
  • BootyDo
    BootyDo Posts: 37
    Wax it dude dont hurt that much an epilator is a good bit of fun if you sick in the head.
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    If I was to wax my front and back i'd have to go for the legs and such as well...It would look like I would be wearing furry trousers o.0

Big up the ape man mazzive yo!
  • BMX4EVA
    BMX4EVA Posts: 1
    I have just started waxing my back in this really private salon in South London cos I have these really thick hairs that I never had before and they drive me mad!

It is well worth is cos it does last and you get a free back massage after so it is a bit of pain/pleaseure lol