Cancellara not in AGR

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited April 2010 in Pro race
Cancellara has decided not to ride the Amstel Gold Race. He says he's tired after winning some races recently. He's also skipping LBL.

Boasson Hagen too, not in the Amstel Gold Race or LBL, wants to recover more steadily for the Tour de France

Lightweights :wink:

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Surprised at EBH; Ardennes is only a week, and its hardly like he'll be going for GC in the Tour. It's 3 months away FFS.

Strava is not Zen.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    EBH is injured, so it's no surprise is it?

As for Cancellara, I think it was telling that Riis said he'd ride but Cancellara was silent on the topic.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    EBH has been scheduled to return at Tour de Picardie. It's not very important in the grand scheme of things so he's bound to win it.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    According to Sporza EBH is back training, but not ready yet, with a focus on the TdF a consideration to not risk anything now.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    That sounds like an unimpressive attitude....if it was him that said it and he ins't injured.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    This was from last week:

“I was really hoping to get ready for Roubaix and I’m thankful for the great effort the team has put into my rehabilitation. I stayed in Belgium with the team because we wanted to keep the decision open until today. Since I still have pain when I’m riding harder training rides, it’s not realistic to go to one of the toughest races of the season. It’s not easy to accept, but I’m very positive about overcoming this injury quickly and building to be a 100% ready for the Tour”.

If you're injured you're injured. Absolutely pointless racing on in pain if it'll wreck your whole season.