races in Collingbourne woods near Andover

percy8758
percy8758 Posts: 5
edited April 2010 in XC and Enduro
Anybody heard of xc races in Collingbourne woods ? I saw a guy today in the woods said there was a race there this summer anybody any info?

Comments

• dafoxster
    dafoxster Posts: 49
    Not a race but this event starts nearby so may pass through the woods:

http://www.testvalleytour.com/hot_mtb.htm

D
  • No I asked the guy this, said it wasnt the test valley challenge, I should have got his number. I will keep digging it may be on the BC website
  • I live 10 miles away and I have never heard of a race other than the Gorrick Challenges Hot (June) Cold (Nov) which run through there.

If it is used as such then it might be a club run of sorts?

If you do find out - pls let us know!
  • There is a race-Sunday 6th June its called the Collingbourne Clash. My wife has seen the poster in a local leisure center, once I get more info I will pass it on.
  • Cheers thats now in my diary, I think ive done the route/lap before, should be fun - spoke to some mates about the relay were in for that aswell.
  • Ben111
    Ben111 Posts: 1
    Collingbourne has some great single track! (providing its dry) Sounds good, will definately be entering the race
  • I rode the 2.3Km time trial course yesterday, superb, the course is drying out nicely, lovely location (very little motocross damage). A video will be appearing on www.ridgeracing.co.uk in the near future as the organiser was there with his camera.
  • Cj83
    Cj83 Posts: 58
    that tt/race sounds good, i'll be entering.

what also sounds good is the other event on their site they have planned:

"Pioneered in Germany, Dirt XC is a short course XC race based on a free ride course.

It will be a knock out format and racing in pairs, this 1.5 km loop has it all - jumps, berms ,technical sections and climbs.

Dates for this series will be published shortly."

but what bike would you use, wouldn't wanna break my xc frame jumping?! maybe u can roll over them and just lose style points.