The London Classic

Hi

I'm helping to organsise this so thought I would give it a plug here.

ts called The London Classic and its happening on Sunday April the 11th. Starting and ending in Crystal Palace in the South London Alps its a 32ish mile circuit that takes in the cobbles of the west and east ends, before taking the water transfer back into South London (otherwise known as the Woolwich Ferry) and climbing up to the finish back at Crystal Palace. Once back at our HQ (aka The Alma pub) you'll be invited to sup some ale and watch live big screen coverage of the 2010 Paris-Roubaix.

The event is free to enter. The aim is to raise funds for The Evelina Childrens Hospital so we ask that you consider making a donation when you sign on at the start. Theres a prize draw back at the Alma when you finish with prizes donated by Brixton Cycles. Theres also secure bike parking for about 200 bikes. You can enter the event by visiting Brixton Cycles and filling in a form or by downloading a PDF entry form from the link below. We will be limiting entry to 200 so please get in and register as soon as possible

If you don't fancy the ride please feel free to come and watch Paris-Roubaix at The Alma (see website for details).

Full details on the website: http://www.thelondonclassic.org

[/code]
:D
\'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    This looks fantastic - and the Evelina is an amazing charity to do it for. I can't do it as I'm already signed up to the Chiltern Dipper - but if you have a donation page, will you put it on here? Ta M
  • Hi mroli.

We're going to sort a just giving link for the website - one of those things we're been meaning to get round to but scoping out cobbles in the east end takes a lot of time. We'll get one sorted and post back here :D
  • I've seen the event and I'd love to be there... but I think I'll be in sunny Italy on the 11th of April.

Good luck with it, it sounds brilliant and for once something where you don't have to be ripped-off to ride on public roads...

More of these please!

PS: can you post the route once it's finalised, I'd like to try these London cobbles!
    left the forum March 2023
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Looks interesting. Will get my entry off tomorrow.
    P-R is probably the best race to watch of the year.
    exercise.png
  • ugo - Cheers and yes, we will publish the route in full nearer to the event :D
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Did this yesterday - great ride and a good route, really interesting seeing parts of London I'd never ventured to before, never realised there were so many cobbles. Definitely on the calendar for next year.
  • timmyflash
    timmyflash Posts: 526
    This looked fun, totally missed it - nice day for it and everything
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • Well done to everyone who took part - still awaiting a full figuer from justgiving so we can announce how much we raised - should be on the website by the end of the week. A big chapeau! to everyone who rode, despite a few niggles it seemed to go pretty well.

See you all for TLC 2011!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,234
    The promised map?
    left the forum March 2023
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Someone on the LFGSS has done one which works occasionally:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/407028
  • The promised map?

...has been available on the website for the last 3 weeks or so.

http://www.thelondonclassic.org[url] - see under 'route'

:) [/url]