After Crashing fitness regime

kirby700
kirby700 Posts: 458
edited April 2010 in Health, fitness & training
Did Dalby red route (1st time) last week and loved it had a minor off and stripped one shin of most of its skin. Thats not the problem though, Easter Sunday offloaded the kids and wife to the inlaws and has a few hours to myself. 5miles from home on damp greasy tarmac lost front wheel grip and went over. I have one fractured wrist now and deep cuts to both legs and one arm! How long before ill be fit to ride again? what fitness regime to follow now? HELP
GIANT XTC 2.5
BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA

Comments

• kirby700
    DOC RECKONS ITS AT LEAST 12 WEEKS IN POT AND MIGHT NEED AN OPERATION, NOT A HAPPY BUNNY NOW :cry: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY REAL INFO ABOUT THIS AND WHAT I CAN EXPECT?
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    i too am sporting a broken wrist so ive not been off roading for 6 weeks, ive been sat on the turbo trainer in the garage but i have to do this one handed as cant grip the bars properly.

as for recovery time its hard to say, it depends on what bone in your wrist is broke, mine was one of the floating bones cant remember what its called though. like i say its been 6 weeks and although its improving its still going to take another 6 weeks minimum i would say from the way it feels and i didnt have surgery so if you do your probably looking at some physio as well.

sorry for the bad news but im not an expert.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • kirby700
    oops sorry fogot to name the bone, its the scaphoid. All the internet horror stories are freaking me out now.

the doc wants me back for another xray then probale mri scan.

its dawning on me that this is long term and getting seroiusly depressed.

Does anyone know the legality of driving a car with a left hand in pot? (manual gearbox car but can easily change gear)

A turbo trainer might be the answer for now. thanks for that.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Pands
    Pands Posts: 40
    kirby700

I broke my wrist last year following an off, like you I looked at some of the internet horror stories and they started to freak me out as well.

Chances are you will be fine, see what your doc has to stay and just keep it rested.

I was on the bike 2 months later and its been fine ever since.

Good luck!!
    Spesh Sworks Enduro Custom Build!!
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    scaphoid thats the one i done, thanks for reminding of the name.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1