Cervelo S3

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited May 2010 in Your road bikes
My new bike. A Cervelo S3. 54cm. SRAM Red with ceramic BB. Look Keo pedals. 3T Ergo-nova bars and arx-pro stem which are actually very very good considering the price. Fizik Aliante saddle and SRAM bar tape and ends. Weighs 15lb with the 50mm Dura Ace wheels which is good news as it will only get lighter with my 1350 DA wheels. Lastly standard Elite bottle cages.

Have to say delighted with it. The S2/S3 bikes seemed to have attained unwanted compliance discussion online but it is no less comfortable than my other bikes or previous bikes. Paradoxically, it seems to be far more responsive on the rough stuff and a little smoother. I took it over a couple of sections of cobbled road in Bristol. Future upgrades likely be a Carbon stem once position dialled in and I still think about Zipp wheels in my sleep!

Not a review as such, but SRAM Red is superb. Have been a long time Shimano fan, but migrated to X0 in MTB so figured I would give this a go. Very happy.

Finally, I love the hidden wiring - leaves the cockpit so clutter free and smooth. Thanks for looking.

4506071866_6c0d900b7c.jpg

Comments

• Samson1
    Samson1 Posts: 44
    Beautiful but you need to flip your front wheel..
  • bristolpete
    Samson1 wrote:

Nope its the same both ways.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Proper bit of kit!

Superb looking bike mate.....well done!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    That is one damn sexy bike ;-)

Enjoy.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    Lovely looking bike, i would guess it goes like the wind.Enjoy it. 8)
  • bristolpete
    Thanks all. Its fast for sure. Will rig up my Garmin this weekend to really see what the turn of speed is like.
  • That is one hell of a nice bike!... 8) I love Cervelo
  • Even as a died in the wool Ridley rider, I have to say that is a beautiful looking machine. The tubing is great and the seat stays aren't anaemic, as per Cervelo's usual high end machines.
  • bristolpete
    Cheers all. Took it for a nice 30 miler today to get the bike dialled in. Love it and SRAM Red is sensational.
  • bristolpete
    Samson1 wrote:

I apologise! You were correct - this has now been put right as I thought it was correct, but google told me otherwise.
  • Mic_Waka
    Mic_Waka Posts: 44
    edited May 2010
    Delete This Account Admins
  • bristolpete
    Mic_Waka wrote:
    The stuff dreams are made off. Very nice bike indeed, hope you enjoy it, if not PM me and I will swap mine :lol:

Thanks it's a great bike. Would describe it as a 'racer' as we used to call them....