Thanks Superstar Components

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited June 2010 in MTB general
No sintered pads in stock so they sent more expensive Kevlar instead with a nice letter. And their floating rotors aren't a myth, they're in the catalogue due june and cost £24.

Plus free sweets again.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i got haribos in my latest brake pad order from superstar.

again, i am impressed by their price and service.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Always been very good for me too.

Alpkit pushed it up another notch with a handwritten note saying
    "Hi *bails87* Thanks for the order, Tom" in the package the other day. No sweets though :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lastwords
    lastwords Posts: 304
    I had the same thing once before they made kevlar so they sent me double the pads i ordered but organic instead
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    hmmm, i've just had the same thing, ordered a set for my hayes and a set of avid for the mrs. but all i got was an email saying sorry, they're not in stock, we'll send them next week. no offer of kevlar. i think i want the sintered anyway and can wait a week but strange that they've done different things with different customers.
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    same with me, ordered last friday, got a email tuesday to say theyve been dispatched followed by another email yesterday to say there out of stock, wtf ! was counting on them for the weekend, cant trust any one now days to do what they say there doing,
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Descentgear just sent me a Fox air freshener along with my new seatclamp :lol: Fox- good at helmets, gloves, etc. Bad at air fresheners.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Likewise for me. I ordered 4 sets of pads at the start of the week. Thursday I think I got an email saying they had made a mistake and are out of stock until next week. Luckily I don't need them ASAP, so it not a major issue. Hopefully they will turn up next week...
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Superstar seem to have improved a lot after their customer service and quality "issues" a couple of years back.
  • Hello guys, Can I apologise for the lack of some popular pads lately. We have been flat out lately trying to supply everyone who is getting ready for the nice weather, and demand brake pads have taken us by surprise. Normally when we run out of sintered we post out kevlars in replacement so you can still ride (with the option of returning them used (who else offers this?!) within 45 days to swap for new sintered ones when they come back instock).

Unfortunately due to huge demand we burned through all the kevlar stock on some pads too, so we had to hold the deliveries for a few days till our next batch (which is in UK customs now) gets to us.

Our main problem is because we buy directly from the manufacturer it takes 4-8 weeks from time of order to delivery, plus 5 weeks seafreight. This makes doing sums to predict demand quite hard, and sometimes we fall short for a week or two. Demand is so great we had to air freight at great expense the pads so we could have them in 5 days rather than wait for a ship to get here. Here was me thinking 100,000+ packs of pads instock was enough!!!

We are working on a completely new website with lots of new features, which will handle stock a lot more efficiently than the current one. Sometimes it takes a little time for stock problems to get back to the office from the warehouse, usually because they are so busy getting as many orders out!.

Again i apologise for anyone who has been inconvenienced.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me and i will get back to you personally, Neil (Superstar)
  • Well you did an outstanding job of getting my 10mm QR axle in stock a couple of weeks before your estimates, then getting it shipped out same day for next day delivery. So you get my vote.

Just dont change the website too much eh. It works (from a customer perspective) well as it is.

On-one changed their site recently, and it's bIoody awful now.
  • The changes to the website will be all customer focused:

FAQ and tech videos.
    Interactive sales video
    Lots of extra infomation.
    Lots of high resolution pictures
    Chice of payemn providers for non paypal fans.
    Postcode integration.

Also the stock system will all be tied into the backroom, so live stock levels and faster processing.

The actual layout and style will not change much, just alot more info if you want it.

neil
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Website changes sound good!

Just wanted to add that I'm another happy customer, Superstar have been nothing but brilliant every time I've used them, so cheers, keep it up! :)
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    +1 on SS being great.

dammit just remember I was supposed to send my i900 in today!!!
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • +1 on Superstar... great service always!

hope my ultra mag flats are good, i've just had the email saying they're in the post :D

Wonder how accurate the claimed weight is :P
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Another vote for Superstar!

Get al my pads there, plus other blingy bits & bobs, rotors etc.

Top notch :D
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001

On-one changed their site recently, and it's bIoody awful now.

The new On-One site is horrible and doesnt seem to be very easy to navigate. Spent about 15 minutes searching the site clicking fruitlessly clicking buttons looking for chainrings yesterday till it hit me the reason I couldnt find them was they were out of stock. Bet the designer is a poncy twot with a goatee who is way less clever than he thinks.

I also think Merlins site isnt a patch on the old one.

Sales websites shouldnt look cool and edgy they should be easy to navigate so I can find what I want in less than a minute splash my cash and go.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I like the current superstar website... its simple and it works!
  • Shire
    Shire Posts: 59
    +1

Another Superstar groupie here.

Sadly my son was there when we were opening the package with his new wheels, and he nabbed the Haribo's!

I was gutted!

Why is it full grown men get so excited about a 10p bag of sweets!

Andy
  • nbr_uk
    nbr_uk Posts: 32
    + another vote for them, ordered lock-on grips for £7.99 inc postage - they're great, arrived really fast and came with free Haribo!
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    cant fault superstar going to try their chainrings next
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    if i say i love superstar can you post a pic of these floating rotors you have on the way. also i reckon you should bring out some funky bashrings in your usual plethora of colours. not many people doing nice anodised stems for reasonable prices
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    So are the Elixir pads back in? Just having some CRs fitted on my Stumpy - I like to have spares.
  • scottbowlby
    scottbowlby Posts: 143
    +1 for Superstar here too, well pleased with my White Nano Pedals :D and free haribo is always welcome!
  • Northwind
    10p worth of Haribo somehow makes my £7 brake pads more exciting :lol: it's not like I don't already have a catering pack of haribo in the house!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Ordered some grips late at night on the 11th and they came today. Very fast!

Superstars!
  • Northwind
    We should link this thread to singletrackworld, some people on there would have an aneurism reading this :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Hehe you're not wrong! Very happy with the pads although they were a bit of a bugger to fit being slighly thicker than genuine pads
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    I ordered replacement pads for my juicy's that came next day and were fitted in half an hour.

Top service, top product.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • got my pedals today... along with some haribo :)
  • bought a 203mm rotor on thursday morning, it arrived in the post friday :) a 12 quid order with free haribo, amazing customer service :)
    unlike chain reaction, did a £275 order with them the same time as i ordered the disc, and payed the extra for 24 hours delivery so i could use it friday. their website didnt update until friday lunchtime, and i had rung them early on friday morning, was told that oh yes it was posted, itll be here for u on friday, then rung back and said, oh no, sorry its not coming till monday. seriously if im paying alot of money (its prob peanuts, but im a student haha, thats eating for a few weeks outta the window) i want my stuff when i am told ill get it, not when they can be bothered to post it. on the plus side its arrived now, all fits (except for the calliper adaptor, meaning i cant even fit the new superstar disc :( )