?possible to reduce pedal float?

dicky ticker
dicky ticker Posts: 47
edited April 2010 in MTB general
i'm gettin a little more aggresive on the bike and notice that my feet are twisting "too much" for my liking. its not my foot clipping out just twisting in the pedal

i do have problems with my joints so a little bit of float is good but i would like to reduce what i have at the moment.

i have shumano spd pedals and shimano shoes with shimano cleats

cheers

colin
Cheers

Colin

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nope, but a different pedal and cleat system might give less.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I'm pretty sure Shimanos have adjustable float don't they? There's an Allen key bolt you can fiddle with, which I think deals with float.

D_240%20SHI977.jpg

The one at the bottom of the pedal (there's one on each side to do each side of the pedal). Give it a go maybe?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    RealMan wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Shimanos have adjustable float don't they? There's an Allen key bolt you can fiddle with, which I think deals with float.

D_240%20SHI977.jpg

The one at the bottom of the pedal (there's one on each side to do each side of the pedal). Give it a go maybe?
    No. That adjusts spring tension, how hard you have to work to engage/disengage the pedals. Float's fixed on SPDs.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Man up and get some flats!

:lol::wink:
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Ah ok, cheers.