I really hate ITV...

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
...They've only gone and remade The Prisoner!

You can never inprove on the 1967 Patrick McGoohan original. And if you're ever near Portmadog it's worth going to see Portmerion where it was filmed.

Comments

• Ho hum
    Ho hum Posts: 236
    Oh no!

That's sacrilege.

Next there will be an American version of it.
  • Cressers
    I think that they've thought of the American market...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VZs7aLJCo
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    They apparently asked Patrick Mcgoohan (before he died, natch) to be Number Two in the remake and he refused point blank "I've done that, why would I want to do it again?".

The episode names are similar to the originals but they've cherry picked six of them (they have included Hammer Into Anvil my personal favourite so we'll see what they make of that).

Be seeing you.
  • Cressers
    I wonder how they'll interperet Fall Out?
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    Cressers wrote:
    I wonder how they'll interperet Fall Out?

"A fool not a rat"

Absolutely bonkers episode, just imagine the TV watching public at home expecting a neat denoument and getting that as the final episode in the sixties, you just wouldn't get that nowadays. According to this WIKI page SPOILERS ALERT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_(2009_miniseries) the last episode of the new series is Checkmate.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Sacrilege. Leave well alone. OK so the original was a bit off the wall but that was it's charm, I loved it.

As for the re-make being aimed at the US market we all know how easily the Americans get confused. The makers of the film "The madness of king George" had to drop the 3rd out of the original title incase the American public believed it was a sequal to two previous films. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I stayed the night at Portmerion a couple of years ago for my birthday. It`s a strange place, most of the buildings are just a facade and I kept getting the urge to try and escape.
    Smarter than the average bear.