Good Friday Racing - Castle Combe Circuit

2»

Comments

• MRadd wrote:
    I was probably the 'newbie' that MRadd describes.. Ha Ha

Git... hehe... Pity you gave up mate. If you'd have held on with the chase bunch, we managed to finish just after we were lapped!

I could see your group tantalisingly in the distance but didnt have the legs nor the willpower to try to catch you.
  • Well done Steve :D
    I havent raced yet and don't intend to until its warmer :D
    I much prefer to get longer rides in at the moment to build endurance, then do a few track rides to get speed up, then race. Trouble with racing at this stage is it is like paying £15 to train for short miles and not be competative, bit expensive :D
    Once I feel like I am going well enough to have a go off the front or to contest sprints I will have a go.
    Will be in wales next week or week after for go onthe track and maybe road ride over the bwlch or rhigos weather permitting.

I am completely missing any endurance - no training last year didnt help, and most of this year has been on the track today. One lap and I would have been ok!
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    MRadd wrote:
    Anyone else notice that the laps seemed a little odd? I think the leaders did 1 more than they should've!

It was meant to be a 25 mile race, we clocked 28 miles by the end so yes I think we did more than we should have. I managed to stay with the leaderstill the final corner on the finishing stright, then as they wound up for the sprint I decided to sit up as I was spent!

Bloody awful weather, a few dodgy moments in the middle of the bunch with people switching lines with no warning and cutting across lines, but all in all a fun day out, can't wait till next time :D
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    Just spoke to my mate who came down to take photos. The lap board was showing 7 laps to go for about 3 laps at one point! Seems that the commisaire can't count?
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • jesseD Do you work in bath, I know you use to. Do fancy doing some training after work week days?
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    No longer in bath but may be able to get some rides in on the weekends at some point. Pm me and we can possibly fit something in, also apparently on a Tuesday evening there is training at castle coombe, i'm going to give that a whirl as well.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Big gallery from this event here...

http://www.actionpic.co.uk/galleries/cc ... index.html
  • MRadd wrote:
    Own up! Who got dropped an ended up in the chase group at the back in the 4th cat race??

I did... sadly. Mad a stupid error of sitting on a right newbie's tail and before I knew it after about lap 3 after the 2nd chicane, I was off the back with 2 Corinium riders for company.

Tactically stupid is me!

I feel we chased valiently... but got caught around the last corner.

Anyone else notice that the laps seemed a little odd? I think the leaders did 1 more than they should've!

I rode a while with one of the corinium riders.....not the same one I hope!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45601861@N ... 680390683/

Christ I need to get into shape!
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    thanks for the wheel steve :twisted:

just wish i'd have worn some eye protection

i did 14 laps but for some reason my garmin stopped tracking half way through the 14th. 27miles
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • 8673sharp
    8673sharp Posts: 28
    Does anyone know where I could find out the race results? been looking on British cycling but havent found out anything. Thanks for the help.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    The full results haven't been published yet, but are due any time. You'll find them here when they are...

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... esults.asp

I reckon I came about 30th
  • acidstrato wrote:
    thanks for the wheel steve :twisted:

just wish i'd have worn some eye protection

i did 14 laps but for some reason my garmin stopped tracking half way through the 14th. 27miles

Which one - I feel I prostituted myself to so many that day :wink:
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    That's the problem Steve if you're a beast on the circuit! :D People always pick the faster riders. It's a compliment! :wink:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business