Stolen Trek 8500 MTB - Basingstoke, Hampshire

Standings
Standings Posts: 4
edited May 2010 in MTB stolen
STOLEN MOUNTAIN BIKE
PLEASE HELP STOP A THIEF AND MAYBE PREVENT YOU FROM BECOMING THEIR NEXT VICTIM.

Please help us to stop someone from getting away with burgling our home and leaving my family upset, fearful, feeling violated and now knowing that someone has a possession belonging to us which does not belong to them. These people who commit these unsavoury acts seem to get away with it and are laughing at us whilst me and my family are left vulnerable and out of pocket.

The break-in took place late Easter Friday/early Saturday morning @ 12:10am approx. fom Kempshott, Basingstoke, Hampshire. They climbed over our rear garden fence, ripped the shed/outhouse door of its hinges and stole my wife’s mountain bike which means more to her than I am able to explain as her previous one was destroyed in a fire just a few years ago.
The bike is not your average mountain bike as it has been upgraded and is of a unique configuration which makes it stand out from the rest of the crowd. Attempting to disguise this bike would mean having to alter many of its parts thus making it not worthwhile stealing the bike to begin with. For this reason we stand a better chance of someone spotting it, reporting it to the police thus catching these thoughtless criminals and helping to stop them getting away with it again on some other poor innocent victim. Next time their victim may not be so lucky to just lose their possessions but could be harmed in an act of violence.

Description of stolen mountain bike (Please note that some of these items may have been removed to prevent the bike from being readily identified).

Type: Trek 8500 hardtail (front fork suspension only) mountain bike (2006 model)
Colour: Silver / lacquered brushed aluminium
Frame size: 17.5”
Wheels: Black Bontrager tubeless rims with Bontrager tyres
Handlebars: Bontrager carbon (weave finish)
Seatpost: Bontrager carbon post (weave finish)
Handle grips: Black/grey
Bottle cage: Anodised red
Rear cassette: Anodised red
Brakes: Shimano hydraulic discs (front and rear)
Saddle: Black/grey ‘ntake’ Volaire
Pedals: Shimano SPD clipped pedals
Frame chain protector: Black ‘Lizard’
Mudguards: ‘Monkey’ rear guard fitted & front mounting fitted but no guard.
Rear light: Cateye
Front light: Black plastic handlebar mounted fitting bracket for Cateye ‘Triple’ lights.
Bell: Small round silver bell housing
Serial number: WTU 194G0303A, GU505173 & TBI-0406
Distinguishing features: Red anodised rear cassette and the carbon handlebars as detailed above and sticker of a silver toy rocket on rear of frame top stay (hiding scratch on frame).

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/ima ... 6-bike.jpg

With your help we can catch these thoughtless and mindless criminals preventing them from living a life of luxury with mine and your hard earned belongings by reporting its whereabouts to the police, anonymously if preferred on Tel:0845 045 4545 as soon as possible.
Next time it could be you.

****(PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THIS AND DISPLAY IT ON A WORKS NOTICE BOARD OR SHOP WINDOW ETC IF POSSIBLE.)****

Comments

• Wax100
    Wax100 Posts: 3
    Standings

Sorry to hear about your loss and I share your pain. I live in Beggarwood and had my Cube MTB stolen from my garage in Jan 09 so I know how it feels. The ****'s who do this don't deserve to exist and as you say, we're left out of pocket having lost our pride and joy :evil:
    I'll keep an eye out as I still find myself looking at every bike I see hoping that it might be mine!

Out of interest, whereabouts in Kempshott are you? I'm house hunting at the moment and we're possibly heading that way..

Good luck and hope you find the bike
    :)
  • Hi Wax100,
    Can you provide a description about your Cube as in the 4 years I have been riding I have only come across 2 of them. One in Portsmouth when I was looking at another second hand bike (not a Cube but the seller had just bought one) for a friend and one in Bramley just a couple of days ago (white one). They are not a common bike as good as they are. I'll keep an eye out for one.

As to where we live we back onto the farm between Kempshott and Oakley.

Standings.
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    hi,i was looking on ebay and saw these. item no. 110525844839 wheel set from a trek 8500 worth a look.
  • Standings
    Standings Posts: 4
    Hi Topmoxy,
    Thanks for the link but unfortunately not mine as my cassette was a red anodised version :(

Cheers anyway.

Standings.