Hasn't he already used this excuse once?

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,602
edited April 2010 in Pro race

Comments

• greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Looks like his preparation is gonna end up closer to the old days...couple of early season leg warmers then disapper until the Dauphinee before heading straight to the Grand Depart...

Worked before, so no reason to suspect it won't again!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Tour of California?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

Early season leg-warmer that just happens to have shifted later in the year!!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

Don't forget he's doing that monster Gila. Oh and he's reserve for Amstel.
    Whichever way you look at it, he's on for a lot less competitive riding than last season.
    All that talk of having another year back, under his belt, but it's a very, very light year, even by Armstrong's standards.

I find it very odd, that a person who has always appeared to take great care against the dreaded stomach bug, has been smitten twice in a month.
    Does he no longer employ a chef to ensure this racing health? :?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

Whichever way you look at it, he's on for a lot less competitive riding than last season.
    All that talk of having another year back, under his belt, but it's a very, very light year, even by Armstrong's standards.

I find it very odd, that a person who has always appeared to take great care against the dreaded stomach bug, has been smitten twice in a month.

Old people get sick more quickly.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    greeny12 wrote:
    Looks like his preparation is gonna end up closer to the old days...couple of early season leg warmers then disapper until the Dauphinee before heading straight to the Grand Depart...

Worked before, so no reason to suspect it won't again!

+1
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    I'm sorry to start this but...

You're obsessed ?
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • DaveyL
    greeny12 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

Early season leg-warmer that just happens to have shifted later in the year!!

So then, not an "early season" leg warmer?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431

Old people get sick more quickly.

yup.. especially when they are full of sh@t... tend to get the runs :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    What happened to that Chef Duffy dude he kept banging on about last year?
  • DaveyL
    afx237vi wrote:
    What happened to that Chef Duffy dude he kept banging on about last year?

Last seen trying to flog the remnants of a dodgy batch of kippers dahn the Camden market.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    With the amount of travelling, daily changes of accomodation, kitchens etc I'm surprised there's not more cases of stomach problems in the peloton.

Last time I got gastroenteritis it was from water not food so doubt Chef Duffy would have been much help to me ....
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

Lance in "rider gets a stomach bug shocker".................
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub

It doesnt really matter how much care you take with these things and the fact he has not had it before has absolutely no bearing on it whatsoever.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The first case was a case of BS, a ruse to explain why he wasn't riding Milan - San Remo, he's got a beef with the race organisers.

As for his illness today, even race leader Sanchez has the same and apparently two commissaires have had to be replaced. Now wash your hands

Still, it's not good for him, it's not good for his team. He needs racing miles and his whole team needs him. They've done very little this season... but with perfect timing Tiago Machado saved the day yesterday with his TT win. The boy can climb and he can TT, impressive.
  • DaveyL
    Sounds like Machado should be the leader at the Tour. I bet he'd go better than the auld yin.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Potentially further disruption to LA's prep. The Tour of Cali's Queen stage is under threat.

Stage 6 of the 2010 ToC will no longer start in Pasadena or use the Angeles Crest Highway to get to the "mountain top finish" in Big Bear. They are actively looking for some other place to start the stage, but have not announced one as of yet.

Source:PC
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

Lance has only been competitive in four races since his comeback - the two minor road races in the USA, the Leadville 100 MTB marathon and the Tour. And whether he was competitve (ie had a good chance of winning) at the Tour is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I think the bubble has well-and-truly burst on 'Comeback 2.0' - he simply isn't at the same level and I really don't see what he has to gain by riding around in the bunch week after week.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Armstrong does seem prone to this sort of thing. After all, wasn't it argued last year that 'having diarrhoea' was the reason why his Tour blood profile looked just like one would expect of somebody on a heavy-duty blood doping programme? Given that he went pretty well in last year's Tour perhaps this time around it is more a case of having 'the wrong sort' of 'diarrhoea'. :wink:
  • DaveyL
    Armstrong does seem prone to this sort of thing. After all, wasn't it argued last year that 'having diarrhoea' was the reason why his Tour blood profile looked just like one would expect of somebody on a heavy-duty blood doping programme? Given that he went pretty well in last year's Tour perhaps this time around it is more a case of having 'the wrong sort' of 'diarrhoea'. :wink:

What, like "verbal diarrhoea" ?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • BikingBernie
    DaveyL wrote:
    What, like "verbal diarrhoea" ?
    He always been prone to that. :lol:
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

That's a bit daft tbh.

Viruses can hit anyone at any time, regardless of fitness levels.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    What the hell do you think he has a TUE for.
    Whatever you want to call it, it is still down there with the missing ball and it could be anything but they won't tell the world yet.
    He will be back with Livestrong and cashing in on all the money he has made them.
    They must have advised him that doing cycle racing again would not affect him so he must be a worried man just now.

I read the TOC problem was Passadena and another start is needed but the Finish on Bear Mountain remains the same.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • sampras38

I'd love to meet you in real life, just to see if you really are as big a tool as you are on here. When are you going to stop writing the same ole crap?
  • moray_gub
    sampras38 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tour of California?

That's a bit daft tbh.

Viruses can hit anyone at any time, regardless of fitness levels.

+1

I know that and you know that but its LA and hey he is not supposed to get a stomach upset ,it was ok for Wiggo few weeks back but LA hell no !
  • BikingBernie
    sampras38 wrote:
    When are you going to stop writing the same ole crap?
    When the Pharmstrong fanboys wake up and see the reality behind 'The Armstrong myth'. Until then, it's fun all the way, and the more people bite, the the more the fun. :wink:
  • DaveyL
    sampras38 wrote:
    When the Pharmstrong fanboys wake up and see the reality behind 'The Armstrong myth'. Until then, it's fun all the way, and the more people bite, the the more the fun. :wink:

Y'see, it's all just a bit of fun. He never gets so worked up about it that he gets, like, banned or anything...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    not convinced how many fanboys there are to be honest. there may well be lots of people though who 1. wonder why he is singled out for more cr*p than anyone else even though people like valv.piti, vino, lls, a davis.etc etc pedalling on the same peleton. i guess they arent from US though so arent dangerous right wing maniacs, and 2. maybe think the vitriol comes from sad obsessives with bog all better to do. plenty of cheats out there to go at i suspect.
  • sampras38
    DaveyL wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:

Y'see, it's all just a bit of fun. He never gets so worked up about it that he gets, like, banned or anything...

Yes but I think you're missing the point. I'm no fanboy and have my own thoughts on what he has probably done over the years, but I don't feel the need to talk about it at every opportunity. All you're doing is is making people think you are unhinged in some way. Let it go ffs.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Interesting how the narrative has shifted from the Criterium International (long term aims/just training/can't read anything from these results) to Circuit de la Sarthe (severely impacted on TdF preparation)