Ebay experts required!

Johnny Napalm
Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
edited April 2010 in MTB general
If you list an item on Ebay, and somone wants to offer you a price before the listing ends, is it against the rules to accept the offer and end the auction?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marin
SS Inbred
Mongoose Teocali Super

Comments

• no you can i you want to
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    You could end the auction and sell direct,but you would be selling outside of e-bay so would lose any "protection".You could also put item on with a buy it now price and let buyer know item number if you want to still go through e-bay.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    IIRC it's okay to sell the item for the offer price, UNLESS there has already been a bid on it - then it needs to follow to the end of the auction.
    Cycling weakly
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    It does have a buy it now price, no current bids, and I have been contacted via Ebay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    its your item, you can do with it as you please, if you decide to remove it form ebay and sell it separately, theres nowt to physically stop you.

you will still pay for the listing fee but the advantage of selling out side of ebay means you wont pay 10% to ebay as a final value fee.

the disadvantage as mentioned above is that there is no protection but this is a problem for buyers, not sellers as you will recieve your money before you send the item.
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Buyer just clicks on buy it now link and pays, no problems.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You can't if it is within a certain time period of the auction finishing.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    you can list the item as lost or stolen at any tme you want, thus ending the auction.
  • bobcheese
    bobcheese Posts: 343
    think you can edit your item and add a buy it now in.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Item no longer for sale because erm......the dog eat it. ;)