BE WARNED !!!!

Comments

• Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    I havent said tht as such in the thread anyway, but they do know what i want them to do to sort this mess out if anything is deemed to need doing from them at all, the most important thing they want to look at is the frame itself as they want to talk to Focus after they have looked at it! I havent slagged the company off as i stated in the first post i made although it sounds like it i know, i just want answers to a couple of strange questions which only they can provide me with.
    G.H.Allum
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    Steveorow wrote:
    I have always been told to have the bolt on the seatpost clamp facing forward toward the Bars if using a carbon seatpost . Not facing the rear wheel like you have ( ie 180 degrees rotated from how you have it ) to avoid compression damage on carbon posts .

To do with the bolt compressing the endges of the slot on the downtube into the seatpost .

I once had the seatpost clamp setup like yours and after 6 months my seatpost broke in 2 ( luckily lifting it down from storage and not on the road ) . Not sure if this is causing your seat post issues or not ,

<Cheehee scurries off to turn seatpost clamp around>

:wink:
  • Hello.

I hope you don't mind us stepping in here.

Thank you for discussing Wiggle products and services. We have now contacted our customer and will arrange collection of the bike in question to properly asses all topics addressed. I would like to take this opportunity to explain how Wiggle take pride in all bike builds that we send to our customers. We may not have a shop front, but we do have a workshop full of cycle enthusiast, Cytec trained mechanics.

Each one of these mechanics spend time building each and every bike to full riding standard. Then the bike is ridden around the test track on the top level of the warehouse. A few laps ensures the bike is set up just right and any problems are picked up upon.

Chain and cassette: Wiggle often have a number of ex-demo bikes available to purchase. These bikes are sold as such, so no confusion is possible. However, even an ex-demo bike would have no more than 7 days use and as such, would be impossible to put that kind of wear and tear on a drive train.

Frame decals: I have taken a few minutes to locate a 2009 Culebro in our warehouse with the same colour scheme as yours. Upon close inspection in the right light, you can indeed see this graphic as you describe. With a little patience it is clear to see that this under graphic does say Culebro. The graphic as a whole reads Focus (in white)and Culebro (in black). This is purposeful. You can even see a very faint outline of the graphic around both the dark culebro and white Focus graphic. With the tops of the letters b and l even over lapping the Focus a little. Granted, this was a poor graphic choice by Focus as it doesn’t stand out much at all, but it is purposeful nevertheless and is not a re-spray, nor is there anything sinister behind the issue.

Please know Wiggle take every effort to ensure our products reach you in exactly the condition you expect them to be in. On the rare occasion customers aren’t satisfied with our service, we will endeavour to make every effort to rectify the situation.

Speed_King, we will address all of your concerns, once your bike arrives with us and rectify any problems swiftly.

Many thanks,

The Wiggle Team
    Wiggle have created this account to address issues raised here whilst using www.wiggle.co.uk For normal enquiries please contact sales@wiggle.co.uk Sorry we cannot respond to unrelated private messages.
    The Wiggle Team
  • Speed_King
    Have replied to this in pm to Wiggle as it is appropriate
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    HI all, thanks first of all for your posts on this thread, Wiggle are indeed a reputable comany as are Focus and now the "problems" have been sorted and the issues put to bed the reputations of both comapnies remain intact. This matter has been resolved between Wiggle and myself, and as i now assure Wiggle This thread will no longer be discussed and the matter is now closed....

Once again may thanks

Hapy riding
    G.H.Allum
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    Maybe this thread should be removed to protect the innocent party.
  • I think the title should be changed but it is actually a shining example of Wiggles excellent customer service and efforts to maintain its well deserved reputation.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    its put me off buying anything there. :lol:
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Reading this whole thread, I can't help thinking that the OP would have been wise to have kept this to himself / herself until after speaking to Wiggle.
    Mens agitat molem
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Speed_King wrote:
    This matter has been resolved between Wiggle and myself, and as i now assure Wiggle This thread will no longer be discussed and the matter is now closed....

not so fast fella, you were the one that made this public in the first place...

You claimed your 'mechanic' said your groupset was secondhand - I'm guessing that was probably bollocks...??
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Interesting thread. Non standard stem and headset there as well.

Hope the guy who carries out all this work on the bike hasn't caused this damage.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Speed_King
    Softlad, firstly i suggest you read the opning paragraph IN FULL before coming on here and calling me a liar, i said CASSETTE AND CHAIN not groupset!! Secondly to CarbonCopy, bazbadger etc... Wiggle are more than happy i posted this thread guys as it gave them a chance to look at all the comments you have posted and then give their opinion and reply. Wiggle have replied to me in pm on here and have gone as far as to say that in their opinon the the cassette and frame issues were puzzling to them and that was why they wanted to pick the bike up and look at it further and then speak to Focus directly as it happens the gentleman who has been in correspondance with myself had jumped ahead and sourced a bike exactly like mine and found that it was as they said the it was a purposeful design even though in Wiggles opinion not a great one.
    and they ar emore than happy btw that this thread be kept on here to show that even simple errors in judgement like the frame incident can be rectified by the correct people, Wiggle and myself have spokern yesterday via email and as far as we are both concerned the matter is now resolved. And tbh people that is all that matters !!!
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    Interesting thread. Non standard stem and headset there as well.
    Hope the guy who carries out all this work on the bike hasn't caused this damage.

Yes mate the stem is a upgrade from the origianl concept one they provided but the headset is standard i just bought new spacers to change from the black ones
    G.H.Allum
  • softlad
    Speed_King wrote:
    Wiggle and myself have spokern yesterday via email and as far as we are both concerned the matter is now resolved. And tbh people that is all that matters !!!

I can't see how it has been 'resolved' if the question of the 'secondhand' chain and cassette remains unanswered..??

Incidentally - this thread is in the wrong forum anyway. This is a forum for showing your bikes - not moaning about them....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Also, I get the impression your 'mechanic' is a numpty, fitting a new seatpost and it cracks within 2 days, wtf? Shouldn't he know how to correctly fit a carbon seatpost?

Next time, and I get the strange impression this will happen again in some form, I suggest you try and sort out grievances with the retailer first before coming on here and slagging them off beforehand. I don't think this should have been raised on this forum.

As far as the cassette and chain are concerned, I doubt whether Wiggle would fit second hand components. You've obviously caused them to wear prematurely somehow.
  • marki3boy
    marki3boy Posts: 20
    Oh dear, someone seems to have made an embarrassing spectacle of themselves. :oops:
    Meta and two veg
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    If Wiggle are indeed 'happy' about this thread it's probably down to the fact that they have come out of it showing good grace.

Personally, I think this is totally the wrong way to go about airing a grievance with a retailer / manufacturer.

We seem to think that retailers are fair game and sometimes they do ask for it (shoddy service, rip offs etc), BUT the relationship is two way and I think you're fortunate Wiggle responded the way they did.

Whatever the outcome, I hope you get your bike back soon and sorted, but next time..... :)
    Mens agitat molem
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Hang on a second...

Wiggle have a test track on top of their warehouse?!? Sweet!

If I worked there customer bikes would get a thorough test ride before they went out
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Speed_King wrote:
    Wiggle are more than happy i posted this thread guys as it gave them a chance to look at all the comments you have posted and then give their opinion and reply.

I'm sure that Wiggle are absolutely delighted that you decided to post this on a public forum rather than giving them the chance to resolve the issues first :roll:
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    Speed_King wrote:
    BUT the fact remains it is shoddy workanship and sailsmanship from a pair of companies with large reputations !!

I have to disagree it is only shoddy if after you contact wiggle they fail to provide recompense or explanation. Give them a chance to prove their reputation.

+1 to that.
    A company that accepts a mistake and puts it right ...... is still a good company.
    You have to give them a chance t put it right and post on here if you are getting no joy or poor service
    I ride therefore I am
  • Speed_King
    Right in order!!!!

Softlad, trust me the cassette and chain ARE resolved, it is not for you to know why just that it is mate,
    giant mancp, Believe me my mechanic is no numpty, and is very good at his job! The seatpost was fitted correctly and tighterned to the correct torque setting, and yes even carbon grip was used. Even Wiggle agree that it was just one of those things but again its being sorted. And for the last time i havent slagged them off !! Wiggle even went as far as to say so ok?
    marci3boy and bazbadger firstly marci, i have in no way made a spectacle of myself at all!, secondly bazbadger, i was fully aware that Wiggle was on this site before i posted a word about this thread and i knew they would read it, and whats more i knew they would reply, i have in no way made this a slanderous/slagging session about them i was mearly giving my opinion about the problems i had with my bike /parts...
    And finally.
    Brucey72, they were happy mate i would have no need to lie to you as Wiggle could come on here at any time and correct me and make me look stupid in the process if i deliberatly said the oposite to them. I did email them prior to threading this post and made it very clear i wasnt happy in the first instance and wanted it sorted and they were only to obliging to help me out. The only reason i posted this thread as i have already said before was to air my views (which was ok by them) and get some feedback or in some cases possible answers, while waiting for Wiggle to respond. WHICH BEFORE ANYONE ELSE SAYS DIFFERENT I KNEW THEY WOULD DO !!!!

PS bazbadger: one more thing i have been threading on forums like this one for a long time and i knew Wiggle would not be pissed at me otherwise i would not have been so daft as to post it in the first place, the same as Wiggle knew from the first sentence i put that i was not in any way going to "slag" them off or insulte them. Believe it or not i knew exactly what i was doing by posting this and the outcome is pretty much what i wanted!!!!
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    edited April 2010
    sorry posted it twice
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    SUBJECT IS CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    got anythign else to say to me pm me instead by all means ok?
    G.H.Allum
  • SUBJECT IS CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK

So sayeth the moderator! If you open a public debate it becomes public and you loose ownership... Just because you don't like what people say doesn't mean you can dictate terms to them.
  • Speed_King
    It aint i dislike or like what people are saying mate, its just becoming abit to silly now and im not the only one who thinks that (think about it???)
    G.H.Allum
  • Still thinking :P
  • RoadieBob
    RoadieBob Posts: 48
    I have to say, the original post seems negative enough to me to sound like a slagging off. It was stated as a matter of fact that the frame wasn't the correct frame, a pretty serious allegation, which turned out to be incorrect. Just because Wiggle haven't come on here to have a whinge, doesn't mean that they're happy that the thread was started, just that they're being professional. I'd be a bit more careful in future, or you might end up in court.
  • Speed_King
    RoadieBob i can only reiterate what Wiggle have told me in pm reply and short of me showing you which i am not going to othewise it defies the reason for having a pm in the first place, that they are more than ok with this, i have had a relationship with Wiggle for a long long time and as already said by myself on here Wiggle customer services already knew of my grievence BEFORE i posted the thread and have no complaint about it being posted as they have been keeping an eye on here since its inception, they only replied because it was getting abit to serious between you guys and because they had found some answers to the probs of which i was talking .
    G.H.Allum
  • softlad
    Speed_King wrote:

Softlad, trust me the cassette and chain ARE resolved, it is not for you to know why just that it is mate

So it's ok for you to publicly complain about items being allegedly secondhand - and then refuse to explain publicly how the problem has been resolved.

What kind of world do you live in, fella..??