northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
I think everything will be sorted this weekend,

chelsea to win, arsenal to draw and the title to be sorted

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Don't think it will be over this w.end, as Liverpool are in the form of their life and ready for a late surge :(
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yepp, I know most seasons we say "this could go down to the wire" but this season is probably the tightest finish for some time. Arsenal won't win it now due to bad luck over injuries, but Chelsea and Utd are both capable of winning all their games...or losing where you don't expect it. The race for 4th spot is also fantastic. City, Spurs, Liverpool...who wants it? They have all done their best to avoid that crucial place but now they are all winning.

There's a few more weeks yet :)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I thought we might have a shake-up of the top 4 this season, but looking at Spurs' upcoming games compared to Liverpool's, it'll probably end up as same old teams, yet again. :roll:

Yawn.
  • Can't believe Liverpool are still in contention for anything, their faultering just seems to get more protracted year by year.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Potentially decisive. I think we'll see a draw today and it will carry on for a bit longer. 4th spot has been crazy, none of the teams chasing it seem capable of seizing the opportunity and putting a run together.
  • tlw1
    Can't believe Liverpool are still in contention for anything, their faultering just seems to get more protracted year by year.

last year was better than normal
  • Totally agree...Newcastle to win and forest to lose :wink: ...the Geordies back in the Premiership where they belong! :lol:
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    BORING BORING BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tlw1
    bearfraser wrote:

so don't watch it or bother posting on it!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    bearfraser wrote:

Not half as tedious as people who post pointless remarks on threads eh?
  • tlw1
    bearfraser wrote:

to be fair thats over 3/4 of this forum :)
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Come on Bolton Wanderers! :D
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Possibly a decisive weekend for one league in the footy. meh.

I'm getting slightly worried that my team might get sucked back into the relegation battle though, 2 points from 21 and no fight left.

Haway Blyth.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Both Tottenham and Man City have a game in hand over Liverpool so the Reds have it all to do and I can't see them getting 4th.

My interest is at the other end of the table, West ham's financial position probably means financial armageddon and a long time out of the premiership if they go down.

People who feel the need to come on a football thread just to tell everyone they don't like the game are a strange bunch, probably with some sort of psychological disorder which compels them to seek attention. I don't like rugby or cricket but I recognise that other people do and I wouldn't dream of making a tit of myself by gatecrashing a thread on either subject.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Oh fuckit!

United and Chelsea won't drop points from here so well done Chelsea. I take comfort in the fact the Shite are tooling around in Europa and probably will be tooling around in Europa again next season.

Let's just hope Spurs can go unbeaten now.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Both Tottenham and Man City have a game in hand over Liverpool so the Reds have it all to do and I can't see them getting 4th.

My interest is at the other end of the table, West ham's financial position probably means financial armageddon and a long time out of the premiership if they go down.

People who feel the need to come on a football thread just to tell everyone they don't like the game are a strange bunch, probably with some sort of psychological disorder which compels them to seek attention. I don't like rugby or cricket but I recognise that other people do and I wouldn't dream of making a tit of myself by gatecrashing a thread on either subject.

dont be so sure-the redshite have a pact with the devil
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    bearfraser wrote:

what a t1t!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Totally agree...Newcastle to win and forest to lose :wink: ...the Geordies back in the Premiership where they belong! :lol:

Think the "championship" :roll: let's call a spade a spade division two is done and dusted it's just a case of who'll win the play-offs, I'd have liked Forest to beat Leicester in the final but it's looking ever more likely that will be a semi-final.

As for the premiersh1t Rooneys injury just might have given Chelsea an opportunity to win the title. I'm not really all that bothered about the premier league TBH. I'm a follower of my hometown team and non-league football.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    kinda hoping the toon don't get promoted today, so i can be there to enjoy it on monday night

looking forward to welcoming those that jumped ship next season, duff, charlie etc
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    bearfraser wrote:

How ironic lol.

C'mon Paulton Rovers, whoop whoop 8)
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Addicks win!!!!!!! Maybe we can turn it round and chase that 2nd spot.

COYR!!!
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    Ken Bates HA HA HA HA!!!!!

leedsbates2file_468x432.jpg
  • wiffachip wrote:
    kinda hoping the toon don't get promoted today, so i can be there to enjoy it on monday night

looking forward to welcoming those that jumped ship next season, duff, charlie etc

could not agree more...Looking forward to Monday night now...live on sky and should secure promotion against Sheffield united!
  • northernneil
    Westerberg wrote:
    Ken Bates HA HA HA HA!!!!!

leedsbates2file_468x432.jpg

especially when you are a swindon fan living in leeds !!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU REDS
  • I was at Liverpool vs Birmingham today (son supports liverpool). Liverpool seemed unable to go forwards and attack the goal. Also kinda strange to take off Torres. Can't see them getting 4th now.

Anyway as a Leeds fan, we finally do something in the FA cup and then our league form deserts us. Get a grip Leeds and look out Yeovil on Monday.

I can empathise with Swindon Fan in Leeds. I was living in Manchester in 1992, when Leeds last won the title.
  • tlw1
    couldn't believe it when Torres was taken off - got a feeling he was less than pleased too!
  • The Geordies are back in the PL! Did not even have to kick a ball! :D

Now we need to spend a lot of money over the summer to stay in the top flight! :(

Hopefully Ashley will get the cheque book out..mmmmm :?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    The Geordies are back in the PL! Did not even have to kick a ball! :D

Now we need to spend a lot of money over the summer to stay in the top flight! :(

Hopefully Ashley will get the cheque book out..mmmmm :?[/
    quote]

Poison chalice, that one.

Go into debt, get relegated again and find yourself deep in the financial mire like a lot of clubs before you. I feel the sensible option now for football clubs is to forget about glory and concentrate on squaring the books because with the level of debt being run up by the game it is surely only a matter of time before the stuff hits the fan and some really big names go under.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Oh fuckit!

United and Chelsea won't drop points from here so well done Chelsea. I take comfort in the fact the Shite are tooling around in Europa and probably will be tooling around in Europa again next season.

Hope? I have been sacrificing goats for Months :twisted: .
  • northernneil
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Oh fuckit!

Hope? I have been sacrificing goats for Months :twisted: .

pretty good weekend for city - seeing burnley fans walking out of the ground at 6 minutes 24 seconds was quite funny