Seatpost clamp size- Kona Kula Primo

funkyjams
funkyjams Posts: 19
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
HI- I need to replace the seatpost clamp on my 2005 Kona Kula Primo (scandium). The post is 27.2mm, and I was told I'd need a 31.8 clamp. Tried a Woodman one but it's too large and won't tighten around the tube enough.
Digital calipers give the tube an outer diameter of around 30.7-30.8mm, but I can't seem to find a standard size between 30.0 and 31.8?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it will be 31.8 as the seat tube is not shaped and you have a band on mech so it has to be one of the three standard sizes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • twgreene
    twgreene Posts: 1
    Did you get a seat clamp figured out funkyjams? I'm buying a Kula Supreme frame and I want to put a quick release on it, but I don't know what size to order. It looks like Kona makes their clamp in a 30.7mm size. Is that the only clamp that will work with this frame?
  • funkyjams
    Hey- sorry for the delay. Yes I have a 30.7 for this frame and it fits perfectly, Picked up a KCNC scandium one on ebay. Enjoy the Kona!
  • funkyjams
    There have been some QR ones on ebay too- let me know if you need help tracking one down. Cheers