Stolen, 2 wheelsets and tyres, Gravesend, Kent

MeddlE
MeddlE Posts: 322
edited April 2010 in MTB stolen
Shed broken into last night, following items taken.

24" Halo SAS, white rims, white Halo Spindoctor hubs, black spokes, DMR Moto RT tyre on the rear, Moto Digger on the front, 11-32 SLX cassette on the rear, gold anodised dust caps, 20mm front hub, Hayes 160mm rotors.

26" Superstar Switch wheels, black hub and rim, stainless spokes, missing the rear QR as they bent it and left it, 20mm front hub, 11-32 XT cassette on the rear, Panaracer Fire XC Pro with red sidewalls, gold anodised dust caps, Shimano XT 160mm rotors.

2 x Maxxis Larsen TT, 26 x 2.35, new and unused.

2 x Maxxis High Roller, 26 x 2.35, worn.

Items stolen on the night of 12th/13th Feb.

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Well, bad luck of course.

I must point out though - that if it was a shed, then it must have been someone local or someone who might have know or seen you put the bike into the shed. Maybe someone who knows where you live and saw you riding around and the like...
  • MeddlE
    It has all the hallmarks of a targeted break-in, they didn't touch either of my BMX, they just took my MTB wheels and tyres, everything else left alone.

Shed was alarmed, locked, bikes heftily locked inside the shed also. Security light outside. What else do you do?

As for seeing me put stuff in the shed, there is no rear gate, bikes always came through the house. 6ft fence to the rear.
  • Valy
    MeddlE wrote:
    It has all the hallmarks of a targeted break-in, they didn't touch either of my BMX, they just took my MTB wheels and tyres, everything else left alone.

Shed was alarmed, locked, bikes heftily locked inside the shed also. Security light outside. What else do you do?

As for seeing me put stuff in the shed, there is no rear gate, bikes always came through the house. 6ft fence to the rear.

Maybe they only took the wheel becausethe bikes were chained? you say alarmed - a sound alarm? When were they stole - as in time of day?

I dono though - you say you have a big fence like that and that probably no one sees you put the bikes away. Do you have any ideas who it might have been at all? The local "chavs" and such?
  • MeddlE
    Definitely the local chavs, saw my back wheel on a bike on Monday, couldn't do much as there were 3 of them and me on my own. Phoned the police who were worse than useless.

Some of my stuff is still local though, I suppose that means I may get it back.
  • Valy
    MeddlE wrote:
    Definitely the local chavs, saw my back wheel on a bike on Monday, couldn't do much as there were 3 of them and me on my own. Phoned the police who were worse than useless.

Some of my stuff is still local though, I suppose that means I may get it back.

OMFG...

You actually SAW your rear wheel. Were they total radgees though?

As far as evidence - I suppose you do have the receipt and such? What did the police say?
  • MeddlE
    Yes, still have the receipt. Local pikey scum, riding around on a cheap crappy bike with an XC wheel and tyre on the back. Go figure. I was in my car stopped at the lights and they rode past me on the pavement, so got a very good look. Shot round the corner, parked up, followed them on foot as long as I could.

Police took the descriptions but didn't actually do anything else. CSI coppers were good and thorough on the Saturday but CID don't seem that bothered so far, haven't even been round to take a statement or anything.
  • MeddlE
    Other than CSI on the Saturday 13th, no.
  • kdw712
    kdw712 Posts: 72
    :roll:

couldn't give a hoot could they
  • Valy
    So when you say CSI - there actually is a unit like that IRL? I'm just debating a little with my self, whether you are talking about the TV show, or an actually police unit. :oops:
  • MeddlE
    Actual Police unit, don't know what they used to be called but they call themselves CSI now.

CSI = Crime Scene Investigation, fingerprinting, DNA samples, etc.
    CID = Criminal Investigation Department

Actually had a call today from the Quality Assurance people from the Police, asking if everything had been handled to my satisfaction. Was a good chance to blow off some steam, in a polite manner, and I didn't pass it up. Will be getting a call from the Detective Super Intendant tomorrow apparently to discuss what's going wrong!
  • Valy
    I see.

I knew what CSi stood for, but did not know what CID stood for.

Well, good luck "and everything" :S :P
  • MeddlE
    Thanks.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Bad luck mate, had exactly the same this weekend, shed broken into and an orange 223 taken, road bikes and other stuff not even touched. Plod not been round other than CSI so you're not alone dude

It's shit living in this area, that's 4 bikes in 8 years that have now been nicked :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • MeddlE
    CID actually came round yesterday, claims the scrote responsible is already in custody but no sign of my stuff.

Whereabouts in Kent are you Rich? I'm in the Gravesend area.
  • MeddlE
    Superstar wheels were broken down and the hubs sold on ebay, Police taking NO action!

What can I do?
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    MeddlE wrote:
    Superstar wheels were broken down and the hubs sold on ebay, Police taking NO action!

What can I do?

it's shocking, i feel sorry if anyone stole my bike, i'd take my own actions no poilce involved