Bike/ tagalong / trailer

martinwf5
martinwf5 Posts: 18
HAS anyone using a tag-a-long attached a trailer to it ,

I thinking this so i can take 2 children out at a time, is this legal or not?

I was thinking of a tandem then trailer but the expense !!!

i already have the tag a long and trailer and bike, but havent tried attaching them all together.

would like some feedback on this please....

regards

martin

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    My boss (in previous employment) had a kiddy back tandem with a tag along and trailer that he used for the school run. It was long, heavy, unwieldy but worked. We called it the HGV. There are trandemsout there.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • MIKE40M
    MIKE40M Posts: 6
    Hello,

I've attached a trailer to a tag-a-long bike without any problems. Been on road, cycle paths and gravel type tracks.
  • martinwf5
    this is good news,

i wont be going more than 10 miles from home so i cannot see it been a problem,

thanks for the info,
  • Downwardi
    Downwardi Posts: 132
    Any luck ? I am also thinking what to do about getting a 4.5 year old and a 1.5 year old around.

I think a Trailer could be bought initially anyway as the rear seat should be able to be used with it.
    FCN 8 Hybrid
    FCN 4 Roadie
  • martinwf5
    TO be honest i tried it and there is so much drag, i went and bought a tandem, with the trailer on its ok,

Martin
  • martinwf5
    Downwardi wrote:
    Any luck ? I am also thinking what to do about getting a 4.5 year old and a 1.5 year old around.

I think a Trailer could be bought initially anyway as the rear seat should be able to be used with it.

Tandem tagalong with the rear seat removed for the installation of an ADAMS baby seat, much safer for your age group and will last about 4 years for the eldest and 8 years for the youngest !!

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/index ... rce=search

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/105808.html

regards

Martin
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    That tandem in a nice rig!
    Downwardi wrote:

BoBike Mini + TrailGator + ByK E350 (Islabikes don't come to Australia)
    4474599115_37ab42ec71.jpg

FWIW, I'm a fan of the TrailGator over the 'bike-and-a-half' as my 4yo calls them, as you can detach the bike and they can ride themselves (in a park or wherever).

Oh, and the little one isn't smiling, because we've stopped 8)
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • Downwardi
    Downwardi Posts: 132
    baudman wrote:
    That tandem in a nice rig!
    Downwardi wrote:

BoBike Mini + TrailGator + ByK E350 (Islabikes don't come to Australia)
    4474599115_37ab42ec71.jpg

FWIW, I'm a fan of the TrailGator over the 'bike-and-a-half' as my 4yo calls them, as you can detach the bike and they can ride themselves (in a park or wherever).

Oh, and the little one isn't smiling, because we've stopped 8)

Someone is selling one of those front seats at work for £8. Might have to pick it up.
    Only issue us youngest is 18 months.
    FCN 8 Hybrid
    FCN 4 Roadie
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    My one is 14m. The footstands (? for want of a better term ?) are on their highest setting. So, I'm expecting a few years use yet.

Just watch to ensure it can fit to the stem on your bike.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Once saw a family with M&D on a tandem, kid on tag-along & trailer behind, could that be a record?
  • CarleyB
    CarleyB Posts: 475
    That bobikem mini is a fab idea. :D
    Level 3 Road & Time Trial Coach, Level 2 Track Coach.

Blackpool Clarion CC
    http://blackpoolclarion.webs.com/

Blackpool Youth Cycling Association
    http://www.go-ride-byca.org