on one merino wool jerseys

gbr236
gbr236 Posts: 393
edited April 2010 in Road buying advice
hi
these seem much cheaper than the alternatives especially with the sale on
any one tried one - looking for spring commuter....
cheers

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I bought a long sleeve merino from them, but it was too nice to wear on the bike - looks smart with jeans though ! :D
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    gbr236 wrote:
    hi
    these seem much cheaper than the alternatives especially with the sale on
    any one tried one - looking for spring commuter....
    cheers

Thanks for the heads up. a little story.

My wife has the most sensitive smell glands in the world. She enters EVERY new room with her catchphrase 'what's that smell'. She can smell ME coming from my rides from 100m away.

I bought one of these just before Christmas in their last sale. Wore it through the snow and rain about twice a week as a mid layer. I stick it on the radiator when I get home. The next day I give it to her (telling her I've just washed it) and she says 'good to go'.

I've washed it zero times, since I've bought it.!! :oops: Merino wool is the dogs ...... and it's paid for itself in washing bills.

I'm going to buy another one. Stick a vest on underneath and a gilllet over the top and one way or another, I'm good to go until November. No more searching for the missing arm warmer.

As Red' says, you can also get away with it when down pub as well.
  • GyatsoLa
    GyatsoLa Posts: 667
    I have one - its a lovely top (a great cut) and great value. However, I'd take the 'merino wool' label with a pinch of salt - the wool is much coarser than the New Zealand merino tops I have. It also has a very loose weave which means it doesn't have much wind protection and I suspect won't last very long. It is perfect as an extra layer under a jacket or just to thrown on over a baselayer on milder days.