200x57mm rear shock, rock shox

captainfly
captainfly Posts: 1,001
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I could really do with a better rear shock, well something with lock out or propedal at least.
The suntout epicon that came with the teocali while good enough in the bouncy stuff it is awful for everything else as it bounces around when there the sag is set up right.
So I was looking to get either a rock shox ario or monarch but just can't seem to find any online and don't really have an LBS that is any good or trust. Does anyone know or an online retailer who carries these in 200x57mm or is it going to be phoning/emailing around to special order on and pay list price. Or is there another option this side of £200 though under £150 would be better that is reliable, as the fox dhx 4,0 air just seems to have too many issues but is available.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mongoose Teocali
Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:

Comments

• captainfly
    Aaaaah the epicon is effing hopeless even on th flat stuff, dammit using a ht jump bike has made me realise how much energy I'm wasting. Any recommendations either shock or places to buy from.
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    if you really hate the fs, you could get an could get a ht frame for under £200, like a 456 or ns surge. have you tried another fs with a better shock?
  • captainfly
    if you really hate the fs, you could get an could get a ht frame for under £200, like a 456 or ns surge. have you tried another fs with a better shock?

You misunderstand or maybe I put it badly, the frame and bike in general I really like, it is just the rear end bob of the epicon with NO lock out on it, when I cover any distance uphill or on flat fireroads, which I did yesterday. A hint of who is alright to ask for this sort of thing would be good. It is just there are loads of well priced rear shocks fo 200x51mm or just about anyother size than the one I want :roll:
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You may have to get one custom done if can't find a 200x57.
  • captainfly
    supersonic wrote:
    You may have to get one custom done if can't find a 200x57.
    Yeah well I just emailed tftuned about an ario 3.2 as that is probably the one I can justfy going for at rrp. I'll see what happens.
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0