30 mph winds and snow forecast for Tuesday

JimmyK
JimmyK Posts: 712
mncdoathsthumb.jpg

Its officially British Summertime and I was hoping to get out cycling too............................. :(

Great, just bloody great.

Comments

• chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    Jimmy, are you a weatherman by trade by any chance? :lol:
  • JimmyK
    chrisw12 wrote:
    Jimmy, are you a weatherman by trade by any chance? :lol:

just fed up to the back teeth with the freakin weather in the UK mate.
  • spikey135
    spikey135 Posts: 20
    yeah i second that p15*ing me right off, 7 days off now forecast is rain, rain, wind and more bloody rain.

Rant over thankyou
  • JimmyK
    in ards today it has not stopped raining, and as i type , it is pouring down. there is a severe weather warning issued for tonight as well.

and i couldnt wait for summertime to arrive :roll:
  • Why are the winds a problem??

As long as you're putting out the same effort it doesn't really matter does it? :S

Fed up of the cold rain though :lol:
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Why are the winds a problem??

As long as you're putting out the same effort it doesn't really matter does it? :S

Course it matters. It's frustrating.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Had some of those 30mph winds on the commute home tonight- took me 20 mins longer to get home than usual- deeply unpleasant.
  • JimmyK

cycling is so much better when its enjoyable . when the rain is pelting out of the sky and the wind is pushing you backwards whilst you are trying to go forwards.........thats certainly not what i consider fun at all.
  • JimmyK
    twotyred wrote:
    Had some of those 30mph winds on the commute home tonight- took me 20 mins longer to get home than usual- deeply unpleasant.

couldnt agree more.

the 50 miler on saturday past normally takes me 2 hrs 40 , but the damned wind meant it took me 3 hrs exactly and i couldnt wait to get home.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Just heading out into the snow and wind - should be fun :shock:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    so is the training forum now the place to hold pointless discussions about the weather..?
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    With Jimmy, any topic is a toss up between Training and Workshop forum, regardless :D
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    cool windy here no snow yet
    going downhill slowly
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    freehub wrote:

Course it matters. It's frustrating.

Strong sidewinds are about the biggest problem for me. 30+ mph gusts are enough to knock you offline too, and possibly into the path of oncoming traffic. I agree that a 30 mph headwind is not nice, but you can ride and feel safe, but those strong gusts coming at you from the side can be really dangerous. I went out in gusts of 30 mph, and got blown into the other lane and was lucky no car was coming, as I could have had a head on collision. The problem is you don't know if you will encounter sidewinds.
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    no snow here,thank you god.
    going downhill slowly
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    On Monday I knew I'd made a mistake cycling into work when the icy snow was pelting my face and when I had to push the bike over the Kessock (suspension) bridge because I simply couldn't steer it. I don't mind the wind, I don't mind the cold, I don't mind the rain but windy, wet and freezing cold just makes it a chore.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH