Sunglasses for thin headed individuals!

mcrdave
mcrdave Posts: 501
edited April 2010 in Road buying advice
For racing or generally lookin' good on the bike. Currently wearing Spiuk Ventix which are great but still too wide. Has anyone else got a similar predicament?

Any ideas appreciated!

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Bolle Safety glasses. iro £6 a pair - look good and no worries if they get lost/damaged.
    Cycling weakly
  • skellator3
    skellator3 Posts: 200
    UVEX CROW PRO SMALL

stunning glasses 3 lenses available as it says in small size
    dont only ride a bike
  • mcrdave
    Cheers guys, will check these out
  • Wamas
    Wamas Posts: 256
    Oakley Flak Jackets, not the xlj ones.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Oakleys
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • i too am blessed (or cursed) with a small swede, for riding i never leave home without my oakley half jackets, if you don't mind them in matt black then get the SI models from here for a bargain:

http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/Oakley___Half_Jacket_from__56_00.html

For just generally chilling currently we have two pairs of oakley fives squared, white with black iridium and, matt black with grey SI's, depending on the mood.
  • mcrdave
    Cheers must-tri-harder, might well make a purchase of those matt black oakley, thats a good deal!
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    i too am blessed (or cursed) with a small swede, for riding i never leave home without my oakley half jackets, if you don't mind them in matt black then get the SI models from here for a bargain:

http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/Oakley___Half_Jacket_from__56_00.html

For just generally chilling currently we have two pairs of oakley fives squared, white with black iridium and, matt black with grey SI's, depending on the mood.
    How dark are the lenses? I need the eye protection but not light blocking... Still at that price, what the hell!

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • I've got the opposite problem... Anyone know of any brands for wide headed individuals? Preferably on the lower end of the budget if possible...
    -The Cowboy

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

"Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of 3000 miles per gallon." ~Bill Strickland
  • the grey lenses are good enough for most days, the black iridium is a bit darker and better for really bright days, i also have ice iridium (blue) lenses which are great for really bright days.

i really dislike riding without eye proetection so i also have persimmon and clear lenses to cover every eventuality.

money well spent in my opinion.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    can anyone tell me if the M frames themselves have changed?

I have a frame from about 2003/4 with a couple of lenses, but would like a couple more. I see lots of references to 2.0 but the lens pictures themselves look as if they'd fit.

Can anyone advise me on whether current replacement lenses will fit my old frame please?
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • I have this same problem, fixed it with a pair of Giro Haviks, but still I wish for more slimmer frames and lenses. I also have a bump on my nose from when it was broken which makes most "compact" pairs lenses too small.
  • thinbo
    thinbo Posts: 93
    I have a similar problem, went for bolle safety glasses, can't go wrong for the price.

Here's the thread i started, there are some other useful suggestions
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12687927

With Oakleys the only ones I've found to fit me are fives and unknowns (alas I've managed to lose both), the other models are pretty much all too wide for me. Although I have noticed that they have the 'monster pup' which is a smaller version of their 'monster dog' model.
    CUBE Agree GTC Pro '10
    Giant Defy 2 '09