Beds/Bucks Forum ride? All welcome....

guilliano
guilliano Posts: 5,495
There are quite a few of us on here from Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, and it would be good to put faces to screen names, so I'd like to try to get a bunch of us together for a ride one Sunday. PM me if you are interested and I'll try to sort out a nice route of 70 or 80 miles with some climbing and a pub/cafe stop.

If you are a beginner reading this don't be put off, I'd like it to be a slowest paced rider type ride (so I can keep up).

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I am off out from Hemel station at least fridy and saturday so may go on sunday with you if you get volunteers, will go out on my winter steed now the weather crap again and its good training whilst overweight and on heavy bike :D
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    You could probably coax a few of the London crowd out too as it's under 30 minutes on the train to somewhere like Tring?

Make sure you include the Wendover woods cafe in the route, the food there is awesome :D
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Depending where you start could go out towards Stewkley, include waddeson park, towards wendover and up through the woods to the cafe, nice climb smooth road, then maybe to cholesbury, berkhampsted back road, down the hill, then up past the castle, through ashridge past the college,( nice countryside for severalmiles through woods) pedley hill, studham, dunstable downs and nice flat 10 milles back to tring :D
    I went to meet riders at hemel, punctured 300m from meeting point and ended up doing 60 miles alone in the wind and caught up with them in wilstone cafe !!
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I know the cafe at Wendover well..... mountain biking has its benefits! Good idea about drawing in some of the London lot. Could make a good bigger bunch ride if some of them come out to play.

Dai, thanks for the route tips.... will have a pootle round that way soon. Won't be riding this weekend, my GF's granddad is seriously ill in hospital so my attention is going to be elsewhere but would love to get a ride together some point soon.