Easter in Afan........Woo-Hoo!!!!

PamPen25
PamPen25 Posts: 111
edited April 2010 in Routes
I'm off to Afan in 2 days for some MTBing and some (Sh*t-in-a-pit) camping, I can't wait :D . I'm going with a couple of lads, should test my (lack of) ability!!! Weather's looking a bit grim tho', ho-hum! :roll:

Any Afan/MTBing tips?

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    PamPen25 wrote:
    I'm off to Afan in 2 days for some MTBing and some (Sh*t-in-a-pit) camping, I can't wait :D . I'm going with a couple of lads, should test my (lack of) ability!!! Weather's looking a bit grim tho', ho-hum! :roll:

Any Afan/MTBing tips?

Camping with the current weather? You'll freeze your balls off overnight, rather you than me. :lol:
  • PamPen25
    Briggo wrote:
    Camping with the current weather? You'll freeze your balls off overnight, rather you than me. :lol:

Lucky I don't have any then (even when it comes to riding!)....One problem solved!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    You'll have some balls by the end of it, large frozen icicles hanging from every region!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    make sure you wear your pads, the trails will be packed and you'll need them to protect yourself from all the elbows as you try to squeeze past each other :lol:
  • PamPen25
    Briggo wrote:
    You'll have some balls by the end of it, large frozen icicles hanging from every region!
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind Briggo.
    welshkev wrote:
    make sure you wear your pads, the trails will be packed and you'll need them to protect yourself from all the elbows as you try to squeeze past each other :lol:
    I've heard a few whispers of many people going this weekend, I'll keep my guard up. :wink:
  • flowpro
    flowpro Posts: 64
    PamPen25 wrote:

Any Afan/MTBing tips?

Also looking forward to it booked into the camp site on Fri/Sat/Sun night :D

I'm going with a friend of mine and his brother. Spoke to him last night he said it was too cold now and has changed his mind. Puss. :roll:

Must say not sure I fancy camping on my tod for three nights. Going over to see him tonight I'll put the old thumb screws on see if I can convince him. :wink:

Weather is cold but not so bad, one report I read said there is a chance off sunny intervals on sunday that almost tropical for wales. I'm convinced.

Tips for afan:

1. Session Whites level untill legs won't work.
    2. Do July route instead of skyline (more downhill action)
    3. Fast rolling tyres not mud tyres
    4. Drop off cafe stops serving food at 6pm.
    5. Take wellingtons for the camp site.
    6. Do the Wall its better in the wet.
    7. Penhydd Trail is closed
    8. Stay out of Glyncorrwg working man’s club after 8pm. :shock:

S*** better go and do some work boss is looking over my shoulder I’m supposed to be finishing a report and I’m writing this instead. My heads already in the welsh mountains.

Enjoy the trip.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    With tyres i say hit bigger grippier 2.35 tyres. harder work climbing but way more grin factor on the downs

Otherwise biggest tip is have the lasgnia in the cafe.. good size meal for ya there.
  • PamPen25
    Cafe's and wellies - Check. :wink:

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes