Age range

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
So with dating, courting and the like,what's your age range? How much younger or older guy or girl would you go out with?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Happily married now but in my single days - 30 years! :shock:

15 either way. +15 in my early 20's, -15 in my mid 30's.

Gawd, I was a slut.

And loved every minute :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Lowest would be 19 years younger (18), upper would depend on wear and tear!

I was asked out by a 50 year old when I was about 19 or 20 but declined after finding out she'd tried to top herself after her previous toyboy dumped her :shock:
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    10 years either side of 34, no younger or older. Younger women just seem too obsessed with clothing (not all, just the ones I dated). I want to settle down now and a young scrumpet wouldn't really be the type.

Interestingly the guy who runs the local newsagent said he could get me a nice Indian woman if I wanted, which was quite the odd offer...
  • Probably wouldn't go out with anyone younger, in fact always went out with people a year or two older than me! Starting Uni again made me realise the difference in the level of maturity i guess. Although the people there were shocked so find I was actually 3 years older than them, they thought I was 18, so I can't be that mature myself!

Older, I don't know. Maybe 15 years?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Good Milf Hunting in my 20s. :roll: Take it as it comes now. :shock:
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I tend to go out with older women, currently dating a 30 year old (i'm 24) but I'd go down to 18 given half a chance, I'd go older as well. Certainly prefer the old birds though, they tend to know what they want.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    between 10% and 30% puls or minus of your own age but on a sliding scale with 10% at the bottom and 30% at the top or something like that why aren't I using any puncuation hope that helps must take tablets
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    My bf is 13 years older than me. Nearly all my previous bfs have been atleast 1 year older than me. I tried to date a guy younger than me once but it just felt wrong I don't know why.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • Under 30s get boring quickly; maybe haven't done anything interesting or unusual with their lives.

It's a bit like that cats thread -- the personalities are more developed with the older ones.
  • The official rule is age/2 + 7. So, for me that would make the minimum target age 27 and the maximum .... 66. Oh.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'm 36. I reckon up to 45 and down to 28. Of course, i am married. I am also p!ssed.
    better delete that bit eh?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Youngest would be 18. Oldest? Probably about 25. I'm 21, so 3 years younger or 4 years older.
  • bikermaze
    bikermaze Posts: 23
    I always go for the legal ones. :P

Joke aside, I find myself going for ladies in the 20s bracket.

I don't think I'd enjoy someone older than myself though. I'm 28.

I prefer someone who is within my generation or younger so we can more or less understand each other.
  • The official rule is age/2 + 7. So, for me that would make the minimum target age 27 and the maximum .... 66. Oh.

I thought there was a formula, but where have you got the 66 from?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It depends whether you want to talk to them or not ! :twisted:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Porta105
    Porta105 Posts: 57
    The official rule is age/2 + 7. So, for me that would make the minimum target age 27 and the maximum .... 66. Oh.

Half your age plus 7 for the youngest allowable

1 and a half your age minus 7 for the oldest allowable.

Thems the rules!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I 'd shag anyone given half a chance :lol::lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Aggieboy wrote:
    I 'd shag anyone given half a chance :lol::lol:

....preferably if they are still warm.

At last - some honesty!!! :lol:

That'll be by reversing the formula for the old granny he wants to ask out. If you can't go lower than half your age +7, that also applies to whoever you're going out with. So the oldest person you can go out with is x years old, where your age, y, is (x/2)+7.

y=(x/2)+7
    y-7=x/2
    2y-14=x

Therefore, either (66/2)+7 or (2*27)-14 gives you the same answer that Steppen's 40.
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?

That'll be by reversing the formula for the old granny he wants to ask out. If you can't go lower than half your age +7, that also applies to whoever you're going out with. So the oldest person you can go out with is x years old, where your age, y, is (x/2)+7.

y=(x/2)+7
    y-7=x/2
    2y-14=x

Therefore, either (66/2)+7 or (2*27)-14 gives you the same answer that Steppen's 40.

Err, no, it was a younger girl I was interested in :D

But using the formula, we're not in each other's range :(

Maybe just go for a MILF instead, from reading the posts on this thread, they do seem to be the way to go...
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    16 to 50 :D
    So that is from legal age to getting crinkly :D
    But I am alsomarried ! :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Married, so not an issue, but............

not worried about age, just their ability to fund my cycling!
  • Age is just a number and is only significant if it bothers you. I'm 27. My current partner is 42. The person I want to be with is 47. Let's just leave it at that
    Not lost, just exploring...
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Age is just a number and is only significant if it bothers you. I'm 27. My current partner is 42. The person I want to be with is 47. Let's just leave it at that
    :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

Is your current partner aware of that?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • No. Hence the leave it at that
  • daviesee wrote:
    Age is just a number and is only significant if it bothers you. I'm 27. My current partner is 42. The person I want to be with is 47. Let's just leave it at that

Blimey, I thought this was cake stop, not Dear Deidre...
  • daviesee wrote:

Blimey, I thought this was cake stop, not Dear Deidre...

I apologise - not having a great time with anything at the moment and I'm just sounding off.

(I stand by what I said though. Age is totally irrelevant)
  • I apologise - not having a great time with anything at the moment and I'm just sounding off.

(I stand by what I said though. Age is totally irrelevant)

No need to apologise, hope you turn things round :D

I'd hoped this thread would be a bit of fun, don't think age matters at all...