A wide fitting shoe?

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi, does anyne have any ideas on a wide fitting shoe, I've tried quite a few of the shimano models and they all come up a tiny bit too narrow, I know they do a wide fit but it's about £240 and I was only looking to spend about 50-60. Any advice would be great
Cheers

Paul

Comments

• I got some Northwave shoes. I tried them on after trying a pair of shimano's and they were definitely wider.
    2009 Orange 5 (Custom)

Screaming just before crashing doesn't help.........
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I found Northwave Lizards a bit narrow on me.

I found the widest fore foot for me personally was Specialized BG Sports. Never had the slightest bit of discomfort from them (even with a thick pair of Sealskinz)
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    I have a pair of Lake boots and if they're anything to by then the shoes should be wide too. Thats what i am hoping for when i decide to start hunting for a new pair of shoes, as I really like the fit of the boot.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Specialized BG Sport shoes are wider than Shimano shoes, great shoes, well worth the money.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    Lake do a wide fit in some of thier shoes. AND they use Vibram soles on a lot of thier shoes. Worth a look
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Paul 8v
    get your feet in some shoes.

Most makers, I believe still use Shimano innner/mid soles.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    thanks for the info guys, going to have to find some shops that stock those makes, my LBS only have shimano's, shame none of them fitted as the quality was great.