Berkshire Area (Swinley Forest)

Lapierre2010
Lapierre2010 Posts: 4
edited April 2010 in MTB rides
Hello,

I am looking for riding buddies in the Berkshire area, I live few minutes away from Swinley forest.

I am a beginner and looking for some regular mountain biking to get fitter, ideally week day evening from 5:30 pm and on weekends. If anyone fancy to join we can arrange also days and times which suit all of us....

Cheers,
Yous

Comments

• join the swinley forest mountain bikers group on facebook they run tuesday night rides most weeks
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    There's a London Calling thread here too... if you check that out, a bunch of us are out most weekends.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I could join you in swinley rides during weekdays, and it could be awesome to make evening group too.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • popstar

great, weekdays is fine$ with me. Anyone else interested to join on regular basis?

cheers
  • We tend to be there every other Sunday, 08:30 so your welcome to tag along (sometimes 7 or 8 of us turn up, sometimes just a couple of us)

Next time in Swinley for us is Sunday the 4th ..

Ryan
    www.traildogsmtb.co.uk
  • REP8
    REP8 Posts: 1
    Hey Ryan

I'm looking to get some riding in over the weekend. Would be great if I could hook up with you guys on Sunday. Will you be meeting in the Lookout car park?

Had a quick lok at the website, when you say training what does that usually entail? Is it simply a ride or do you work different aspects in?
  • ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    I'm up for some weekday evening trips when the evenings get a bit lighter.
  • popstar
    From next weeks Tuesday I am up for late afternoon rides!

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Hi Rep8

We will be in the Lookout carpark (Coach park side) at 08:30, back BMW with roof mounted bike rack (Reg LD57)

Its a small group on Sunday 2-3 of us at present and we are still exploring Swinley so its a just going to be a ride out. Normally we would do 1.5-2 hours of XC loops and half an hour of skill practice on specific sections and depending on the group.

Ryan
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There's a big thread on Swinley here also:

Swinley Forest / The Lookout

P.S. Don't forget you need a permit to ride Swinley. £2 at the Lookout on the day or £20 for a year from the bike rental place there or online at http://www.gorrick.com/swinley/index.php

Yeah, I know most people scoff at it and don't bother, but if you ride it often I think it's not too much to give something back.

When you've done Swinley for a bit, then you're ready for Surrey Hills, which is another level :D (see the London Calling thread above).
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    If you are thinking of making it a regular session haveathink about joining berks on bikes. They have a few evening and weekend organised rides that explore swinley and beyond. There is a lot of good guys there that know the area really well.
  • Padi R
    Padi R Posts: 59
    I'm based in Maidenhead, but I'd like to give Swinley a go - anyone up there this Sunday?
  • popstar
    Sunday ... maybe, if it's either early or late After lunch afternoon ride. Anyone interested in this Wednesday-Thursday rides? Any latebirds?

• Popstar,

I am interested in Wednesday or Thursday evening ride. Would you like to organize something for this week? Let me know your thoughts...

Cheers
    Yous
  • popstar
    Sorry, this week I am working late shifts.

• militiacore
    militiacore Posts: 101
    Good to see BOB's are still going.

Rode Surrey Hill this morning for the first time in 10 years and really impressed with how the area has been developed with new trails.
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX