Garmin 500 - How to create a route?

a900ss
a900ss Posts: 91
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Complete newbie to the 500 having just purchased one today.

I understand that you can load courses to the 500 and you get a 'breadcrumb' line to follow. Can you please tell me step by step how it's done.

I have a route planned on both ridewithgps.com and mapmy ride but how do I get it across?

Thanks in anticipation.
2010 Specialized Rockhopper Comp
2010 Trek 1.5 Compact
Now to diet, get fit and lose at least 3 stone!!! (2 of the 3 stone now lost...)

weight.png
Diet started 1/1/2010

Comments

• IIRC the easiest way is to download the route to Garmin Training Centre (free download)- which has an option to upload to device option. the course facility in the 500 is prone ot a number of bugs though and is possibly the most unstable aspect of the device at the moment. Search "garmin forums" - on google - everything wil be there.

i would suggest using it for a few rides as a normal bike computer first - to ensure all the calibrations are oK and to familiarise yourself with the functionality of the device - otherwise you might get very annoyed with it setting out first off with a course.
  • IIRC the easiest way is to download the route to Garmin Training Centre (free download)- which has an option to upload to device option. the course facility in the 500 is prone ot a number of bugs though and is possibly the most unstable aspect of the device at the moment. Search "garmin forums" - on google - everything wil be there.

i would suggest using it for a few rides as a normal bike computer first - to ensure all the calibrations are oK and to familiarise yourself with the functionality of the device - otherwise you might get very annoyed with it setting out first off with a course.
  • neil²
    neil² Posts: 337
    Check this

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12688413

I think that the procedure's the same.