Mavic Aksium 2010 questions.

freehub
freehub Posts: 4,257
edited April 2010 in Workshop
Hi.

I've just put these on my bike, thing is I'm abit confused about the spacers on the freehub.

Basically, now with them on, I cannot get into the biggest sprocket on the cassette and changing to the smallest results in the chain dropping off in between the cassette and the frame drop out, as if the cassette is too close to the spoke area.

The wheels came with a spacer on the freehub, I have left that on, on my Shimano wheels there was a thinner spacer, I can't remember if that came with the wheel or the cassette? Should I be putting that on too?

Another question, the part where the rim was joined together is very visible and rather worrying, is this how they're supposed to be?

DSC00180.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ ... 0176-1.jpg

It's like that on both wheels.

Thanks
Will.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You need to adjust the limit screws on your rear mech.

The join is normal.
  • freehub
    So is it normal that when switching from one wheel to another the gears are basically totally out of alignment and need re indexing?

If I put the shimano wheel back on it's fine. So either it's normal to need to re index or I'm missing a spacer?
  • For a shimano 10 speed cassette you need both spacers. And as NapD says, the join is normal. .
    If those wheels are new make sure you sign up for the Mavic warranty. £14.50 for 2 years no questions coverage. With potholes as bad as they are, it is a gift!
  • freehub
    Right, so the thin spacer off the Shimano wheels, I need that on?

I assume the spacer comes with the cassette then?

Thanks
    Will.
  • Shaun20
    Shaun20 Posts: 218
    When I was running Aksiums I just used the thicker spacer. I had Shimano 10 speed casette and everything worked fine.
  • freehub
    Aye went and put the other spacer in, working OK now :)