Morrisons Shoppers

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
I nipped in to a Morrisons shopping establishment today as it was on the way home and we were running a bit out of time for lunch. I don't normally shop here, but the smell of B.O from a lot of the shoppers, especially at the checkouts was honking. I was just wondering if this was the norm for a lot of Morrisons shoppers or is it a geographical thing. The Morrisons in question was in Strood, Kent. :wink:

Comments

• I dont use Morrisons anymore for the same reason. I live oop North

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I once thought the same thing in a Tesco - the stench was gopping and I had all on not to retch.

I gave everyone near me the evils, and was genuinely unimpressed.

When I got back to work I realised it was the swiss cheese my mate had asked me to grab from the deli. I was ashamed of my behaviour in the till queue at that point...

It smelt of sick, and sweat.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    My local Morrisons is about 1 minute walk from my house, so I'm always in there. My mind does tend to wander when you see the things some people have got in their baskets. i.e. the woman with a steak and kidney fray bentos pie, a litre of own label vodka, and a litre of bleach.
  • Scrumple
    edited March 2010
    That's a bit much for lunch...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Scrumple wrote:
    That's abit much for lunch...

it is nearly the weekend :lol:
  • Scrumple
    Domestos is best. The own brand stuff burns a bit unless you open it up with some spring water.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Healthy living with a cyclists heightened senses has a down side for some,haha.
  • tlw1
    Scrumple wrote:
    Domestos is best. The own brand stuff burns a bit unless you open it up with some spring water.

you are paying for the label there
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Morrisons pah! I remember when I used to go and collect the family allowance from the post office. I'm no snob but, firkin' 'ell, there were some right smelly minging munters in there and there was only the one queue; so if I was really lucky I could get sandwiched between Pauline Quirk and Beth Ditto look-a-likes.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • tlw1
    its when you go during lunch & you keep getting asked where things are, because you are the only person in a suit!
  • Scrumple
    dmclite wrote:
    I nipped in to a Morrisons shopping establishment today...

Next you will be telling me you have been on a bus...

eeewwwww
  • I don't know about BO in Morrisons but Asda in Charlton has the fattest shoppers I've ever come across. I ended up playing ''obesity basket'' whenever I saw one of the real pasty-looking fatties: they always seemed to have at least 3 loaves of cheap white sliced bread and a bumper bag of crisps in their shopping.

But I don't go there since a security guard threatened to call the police because I was taking photos of their lack of cycle-parking facilities outside. Apparently they don't like that at ASDA. ''Are you going to restrain me?'' I asked before cycling off. Funny, he stopped dialling the police....
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    My own observations in the area I live in and regularly go to:

Morrisons: Poor quality supermarket. Lots of chavs and not many pretty housewives.
    Tesco: A bit middleclassy. Don't like the checkout girls. Some nice housewives.
    ADSA: Lots of bargains. Lots of hot totties. I like it, but hate the parking.
    Aldi: Dreary but cheap. Hate the checkouts. Not many fancy bits shop there.
    Lidl: Same as Aldi.
    Sainbury: It's past it's date and need knocking down. Grab a granny night every night.

Marks and Spenser: very rarely shop there as i need a large well balanced credit card. Classy bits of fluff also shop there.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Wal-Mart (Asda) nr.Mcr Velodrome is a haunt for the porky locals. Oddly enough tho' it does have an excellent world foods section. Some stores in some areas just have a downmarket /less fortunate customer
    M.Rushton
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Scrumple wrote:
    When I got back to work I realised it was the swiss cheese my mate had asked me to grab from the deli. I was ashamed of my behaviour in the till queue at that point...

It smelt of sick, and sweat.

Did you know the bacteria in smelly cheese is the same bacteria that causes the smell of sweaty feet?

You do now :P
  • Scrumple
    I never thought of supermarkets as clunge havens. Isn't that why we have nightclubs??

As for the chap taking photos, haven't you heard of hostile reconnaissance? The security mester was only doing his job! You could have been planning naughtiness.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    I had to read that twice...someone calling Tesco middle-class! :shock:
  • crumbschief
    Tesco's are going to love that,Troy just popped down to Tesconium for a goji berry shake.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Aldi can be perceived as low-class but their stuf is actually better and cheaper than many of the UK supermarkets. It's often made to higher Euro standards. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Waitrose. The Wilmslow branch probably only takes Swiss Francs and Platinum/Black cards. The car park is generally full of expensive motors driven by expensive looking ladies
    M.Rushton
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Scrumple wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    I nipped in to a Morrisons shopping establishment today...

Next you will be telling me you have been on a bus...

eeewwwww

Perish the thought..............how vulgar. I have seen buses from my Porsche, they are ungainly. :wink:
  • crumbschief
    The thing is,have you ever smelt BO in Waitrose,even on the rare chance you have,it's bound to be fairtrade anyway.
  • Scrumple wrote:
    I never thought of supermarkets as clunge havens. Isn't that why we have nightclubs??

As for the chap taking photos, haven't you heard of hostile reconnaissance? The security mester was only doing his job! You could have been planning naughtiness.

That'll be me then. If you want to do hostile reconnaissance, go here http://your.asda.com/2009/10/1/live-web ... da-s-world

If you want to compare PR with reality go here for cycling:
    http://your.asda.com/community

And here for how this translates in reality:
    http://deptfordmarmoset.blogspot.com/20 ... arket.html
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    I went to Asda Chorley recently and felt like I had just dropped down a rung on the evolutionary ladder. I swear there were a few Professors looking for the missing link in human evolution down the ready meal aisle.
  • Frank the tank
    mrushton wrote:
    Aldi can be perceived as low-class but their stuf is actually better and cheaper than many of the UK supermarkets. It's often made to higher Euro standards. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Waitrose. The Wilmslow branch probably only takes Swiss Francs and Platinum/Black cards. The car park is generally full of expensive motors driven by expensive looking ladies
    [

Waitrose is patronised by high class prostitutes then. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Scrumple
    Heather Mills shops there....

allegedly
  • Frank the tank
    Scrumple wrote:
    Heather Mills shops there....

allegedly

Expensive looking ladies was the term used, not legless slappers. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• mrushton wrote:

Funnily enough a pal mentioned last night that Waitrose have a good selection of beer and, by complete chance, I passed there today. Aye, he was right, but it's £2.20 a bottle!

And the bike racks are out of sight but could easily have been put in view of the checkout queue.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437

Waitrose is patronised by high class prostitutes then. :lol:
    This is why I have my Waitrose shopping delivered by Ocado - I don't want to be mistaken for a prostitute :wink:
  • Scrumple
    Neither does Heather Mills.

allegedly
  • http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ - interesting lot - far easier to shop online!!
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300