Negative - race_face

loltoride
loltoride Posts: 460
Purchased brakes from user paid asap by PayPal, since then no communication and item certainly not received. I did suspect after payment as user used to reply asap, there is also another user still waiting for an item from item they race_face is selling so I suspect the worst.

Please avoid I think race_face has made enough money out of this site, I am sure they will have another user login by now anyway. Sorry for taking so long to report but I wanted to be sure which I now am.

Thanks
So Far!

Comments

• to add to this i am still waiting on an item, fortunately paid through propper paypal, so i'll set a claim in motion. cheers for the heads up.
  • loltoride
    to add to this i am still waiting on an item, fortunately paid through propper paypal, so i'll set a claim in motion. cheers for the heads up.

No worries hope you get your money back.
    So Far!
  • happy ending to my story, Paypal have refunded me in full today :)
  • don't you have his address through paypal?
    ON a different forum, similar happened, contacted paypal who agrees to liase with the police.
    The police then got the money back.

It is a criminal offence, wether you're covered by paypal or not.
  • loltoride
    happy ending to my story, Paypal have refunded me in full today :)

Excellent got mine as well it is a shame nothing will happen to him though ie close down paypal accoout or something in that order. I am sure who ever it is has made loads of money out of this worse than a bike thief in fact they are all the same. All the best
    So Far!
  • SCOTT325SE
    SCOTT325SE Posts: 888
    have you ever considered that MAYBE something has happened to him/her? That maybe they cant get to the PC?
    millions of possibilities but people here always assume one reason and one solution. not all people are bad you know! *

*for the record, I've never dealt with Race-Face in any way, so can only speculate.
  • dwill
    dwill Posts: 150
    now i understand why you wont do a paypal gift estevens
  • I'm afraid if someone specifically asks for payment via paypal gift I assume them to be a dodgy seller, fair enough ask for the buyer to pay the fees, they're simple to work out (google 'paypal calculator') but paying via an unsecured medium is asking to be ripped off imo.