Cervelo S3 has arrived....

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited April 2010 in Road buying advice
My rather shiny Cervelo S3 frame-set has arrived. Stunning stuff and much better looking in the flesh. I was worried that it looked a little lifeless in pictures, but in 'real life' its a head turner. Have a box full of SRAM RED bits to fit to it and some nice 50mm wheels coming off the FP3 and she's ready to go. Keep you posted, but finally got my no.1 bike. Big birthday gift to myself as a reward. Have shaved off two stone since first week of Feb and on target for my 13 stone goal! Life as they say is good at the moment. I cannot wait to hammer out a solid 60 miles on this....keep you posted.

4479565692_5d2a68be63.jpg

4478943225_92e90affff.jpg

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    not sure why this is in road buying advice - try "your bikes"
  • bristolpete
    Scrumple wrote:
    not sure why this is in road buying advice - try "your bikes"

Good point, can a mod move this? My error.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Fab frame man, love one myself, can't wait to see the final build ...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Looking forward to seeing it finished!
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Few things stir my heart like a big pile of boxed bike bits waiting to be built up.....

Great frame. Jealous.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I want to be looking at a similar red box soon. Tempted by their new inbetween cogs on the front, somewhere above a compact and below a double.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Top choice fella!

Get the pictures up as soon as she is built!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    looks the dogs 8)
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    I would rather have your pinarello.
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    I'm sure I've seen that bike in the flesh (Pinarello), few weeks back at Evans cycles when I was buying some inner tubes. Can't be too many of them around. Is it for sale bristolpete?!
  • bristolpete
    Westerberg wrote:
    I'm sure I've seen that bike in the flesh (Pinarello), few weeks back at Evans cycles when I was buying some inner tubes. Can't be too many of them around. Is it for sale bristolpete?!

Yeah, I think we had a chat at the counter.

Keeping it at the moment. Its a great bike, compliments the S3 perfectly.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    I hear that the cervelo s3 has a lot of problems with the carbon cracking which makes them worthless. So il do you a cracking deal and give you £50 for it :wink:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • bristolpete
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I hear that the cervelo s3 has a lot of problems with the carbon cracking which makes them worthless. So il do you a cracking deal and give you £50 for it :wink:

Classic. Tell you what, this thing is like your Aunts best China. Simply top drawer stuff.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Lovely frame!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Quality.

A Pina' FP3 as a hack. Mental (envious).
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    rozzer32 wrote:

Classic. Tell you what, this thing is like your Aunts best China. Simply top drawer stuff.

very jealous!! well im a student so im poor, thats my excuse anyway :roll:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****