Interviews

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited March 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Have an agency interview tomorrow, just to register etc and the possibility of a couple of job interviews in the pipeline....... :D

A bit nervous for some reason, don't know why really but be good to get it over and done with...... I hav interviewed countless people myself, and have been interviewd a lot.

I know all the dos and donts and know my stuff, just never get any easier! LOL

Hopefully I can get something sooner rather than later. :D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • The Big Cheese
    Or go down to the local estate and get an 8th of Skunk :lol::lol:
  • supersonic
    Just don't do what SPud did in Chainspotting lol.
  • supersonic
    Trainspotting even!!!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Not worth worrying about if it's only for an agency - they should spot if you'e right (or wrong) for anything they might have pretty quickly.

Just beware of false promises (I worked in recruitment for a few years) and realise that you, not they, are in charge.

Hope it leads to something though - best of luck!
  • The Big Cheese
    supersonic wrote:
    Just don't do what SPud did in Chainspotting lol.

LOL - akways gets a giggle that scene (amongst others - namely bedsheet scene) :lol:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I have an interview tomorrow too...
  • The Big Cheese
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Not worth worrying about if it's only for an agency - they should spot if you'e right (or wrong) for anything they might have pretty quickly.

Just beware of false promises (I worked in recruitment for a few years) and realise that you, not they, are in charge.

Hope it leads to something though - best of luck!

I applied for a job online, and they want to send me for an interview but must register first.

I think with all of these 'faceless' internet sites like totaljobs et al, it's good to actually put a face to a name etc......

Will be fine, just having worked for myself for a long while, its going to be weird LOL
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I have my yearly review/apprasial tomorrow :D I've given myself top marks, lets hope the boss agrees!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    As long as you're not having to travel too far, it should be worthwhile.

What makes me angry is agencies that make people travel hours to register but don't have any useful vacancies.

If it's a good agency (some are actually good!) then it'll be well worth it.

Again, good luck!
  • supersonic
    0.jpg

A bit of speed, just the ticket!
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    I've got a job interview down in Leeds on Thursday. It's with the same company so hopefully it wont be too formal, especially as I speak to one of the people doing the interview quite a lot via phone and interweb.

It'll be the first interview I've had in over 3 years though so need to brush up on my competency based questions and answers.

Had a look at one today: "Give an example of a time when you had to influence someone into agreeing with your suggestions. What planning/tactics did you use?"

I'm guessing 'Alcohol and Rohypnol' is not the kind of answer they'll be looking for :lol:
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    MrChrisP wrote:
    I've got a job interview down in Leeds on Thursday. It's with the same company so hopefully it wont be too formal, especially as I speak to one of the people doing the interview quite a lot via phone and interweb.

It'll be the first interview I've had in over 3 years though so need to brush up on my competency based questions and answers.

Had a look at one today: "Give an example of a time when you had to influence someone into agreeing with your suggestions. What planning/tactics did you use?"

I'm guessing 'Alcohol and Rohypnol' is not the kind of answer they'll be looking for :lol:

It is in some of the night clubs down here :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    supersonic wrote:
    0.jpg

A wee dab o' speed eh!, just the ticket!

Fixed that for :wink:

And Cheesy don't sweat an agency interview remember if you can ride flat out on singletrack you can tackle anything :wink:
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    "In a wurd... Pleasure!"
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bfreeman0
    bfreeman0 Posts: 119
    nice to hear someone getting interviews in these jobless times... :( been looking for a part-time job for ages, had an interview but was beaten by experience.
    Not as easy as it used to be.
  • supersonic
    And sometimes, too much experience and quals can be bad!

iF YOU KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND A BIKE, TRY A hALFORDS FOR PART TIME WORK. NONE (caps lock ammended) of the pressure the full timers get., but same rate!
  • bfreeman0
    bfreeman0 Posts: 119
    well I don't really know the ins and outs of a bike, but I'm reading up on it, :)
    Is it me or are online recruitment sections of shops (Halfords, Matalan, Sainsburys) pretty useless, either there is no jobs or management are lazy.