Cube Ltd Race or Cube Reaction RX

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Option of either - is the Reaction worth the extra £300?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    You can by other shiney things for £300 :o
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Look at decent wheel upgrades for the extra £300!
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    The frame on the reaction is better than the LTD as is the finishing kit. For example the chainset on the reaction is XT over Deore which alone is ~£120 difference at RRP. Whether those differences are worth £300 to you only you can decide!

My advice would be to try them and if you prefer the Reaction I'd change the bars to low risers and bin the foam grips becuase in my experience they last about 5 minutes.
  • meanredspider
    Rich Hcp wrote:

Shiney Alfa bits you mean? 8) Exactly :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Eranu wrote:
    My advice would be to try them and if you prefer the Reaction I'd change the bars to low risers and bin the foam grips becuase in my experience they last about 5 minutes.

Giving them a try over the next few days. The Reaction has nearly a kilo on the Ltd but I have a couple I could lose too. Good advice on the bars and grips - thx.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Rich Hcp wrote:

Shiney Alfa bits you mean? 8) Exactly :wink:

Of course 8)
    Richard

Giving it Large