24 hole rims

skyd0g
skyd0g Posts: 2,540
edited March 2010 in Workshop
I've been given a rear hub from a Boardman Pro Carbon - a 24 hole Ritchey hub, that's normally laced-up to a Ritchey WCS Pro DS rim. I'd ideally like to get it laced up to use as a 'best' wheel, my problems are that I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that stocks these rims and I'm on a (very tight) budget.

So, if anyone can suggest where I may obtain one of these rims or suggest any suitable budget alternatives, I would be very grateful. There appear to be loads of 36/32/28 hole rims available, but very few 24 hole. I've a feeling I may have been handed something of a poison chalice. :?

ps. I'm not too worried about it only being a 24 hole rear, as I'm only around 8 stone (when wet). :wink:
Cycling weakly

Comments

• term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I recently purchased some 24 hole Halo mercury rims for a wheel build. Very light, somewhat aero and fairly reasonable price. I haven't made them yet, so can't comment on performance, but am looking forward to getting them on the road.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    IRD Cadence or IRD Cadence Aero

Still not gonna be cheap though by the time you've bought some nice new spokes (I have some Cadence Aero rims built with Sapim CX-rays which I'd definitely recommend)
    More problems but still living....
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I think I'm gonna find out some more about the history of the hub - as mentioned above by the time I source a rim, plus decent spokes and have paid to have it built-up, it may be easier & cheaper to buy a whole new wheel. :?
    Cycling weakly