Wellgo MG1 question

hard-rider
hard-rider Posts: 460
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking at getting some flat pedals and am set on the Wellgo MG1 but on Merlin's site it specifies " 9/16" (for 3 piece cranks) only ".

Will these be ok? the fact that they specify 9/16" 3 piece cranks only is confusing me. I have a Shimano FC-M542, Scott Custom, 2-piece Design, 44Ax32Ax22T crank.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they will be fine.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yup, they will be fine, fitted a pair recently to my SLX cranks, no problem.

By the way, goto the HighOnBikes ebay shop, they are £29.99 with free delivery.
    BeOne Frame, RockShox Recon, Mavic 719 XT Hubs, Elixr R brakes, floating rotor, SLX Drivetrain.
    Webdesign project http://www.nfpc.org.uk
  • hard-rider
    Yup, they will be fine, fitted a pair recently to my SLX cranks, no problem.

By the way, goto the HighOnBikes ebay shop, they are £29.99 with free delivery.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll get them from there.

Just one thing. Are these the same size as the Wellgo V8 / V12 pedals or larger like the B54s?
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    HoB also have an ebay shop and they put them up on auction (with free p&p) pretty regularly. I picked mine up for £23 the only downside is I had to be patient - but I was in no rush, so wasn't bothered.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    hard-rider wrote:
    Just one thing. Are these the same size as the Wellgo V8 / V12 pedals or larger like the B54s?

Slightly larger than a V8- from memory about the same width but they don't taper as much at the ends so the footprint is bigger.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • hard-rider
    Great. I've just put in an order for a set of MG1s from HoB.