My Boardman Team Carbon Limited Edition

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited April 2010 in Your road bikes

Comments

• Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Nice bikes aint they!

I am more than happy with mine, really impressed with the frame for the money, leaps and bounds quicker than my Trek 1.5, but I do still feel the trek is a bit more sure footed..but that might just be me not used to the super zippy handling of the Boardman.

P.S, im very jealous of your photo taking skills...see my poor efforts in my sig, dont do the bike justice.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    +1 for your photo taking skills... It's a gorgeous looking top tube / seat tube junction!

Any chance we can a see a bit more though? You've whet my appetite with your titillating photo and now I want the full monty! :shock:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Cornish-J
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    +1 for your photo taking skills... It's a gorgeous looking top tube / seat tube junction!

Any chance we can a see a bit more though? You've whet my appetite with your titillating photo and now I want the full monty! :shock:

haha, why thankyou very much :D

I intended to take some more today but it's been raining all day!
  • Cornish-J
    edited March 2010
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Mmmmm lovely. Pic 1 shows she's a bit dirty - just how I like 'em! :wink:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    why is there a magnet in both wheels?
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    2 sensors for the computer.

It takes the speed of the rear wheel and the front wheel too and calculates the average and that's your speed!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Did you know, Chris Boardman actually helps make the limited frames at the factory.
  • Cornish-J
    The rear sensor is just for the turbo trainer - and no i didnt CB actually helped on the limited edition model - i just assumed they painted a normal one white lol
  • rake
    he signs them and then does the clearcoat before making sure its better than any caad 9 or planet x.
  • Anonymous
    He also slightly loosens one spoke on each of the Ritchey rear wheels...
  • rake
    thats before hes made sure the seat post is too short for the frame size. not sure why he does that part.
  • Anonymous
    rake wrote:
    thats before hes made sure the seat post is too short for the frame size. not sure why he does that part.

So you have to buy the new after-market CBoardman SL (Super Long) Seatpost
  • Cornish-J
    God, there's some cocks on this forum.

You guys get a nice, warm feeling inside belittling peoples stuff?
  • Anonymous
    Oooh, get her!

188629873_4b18c9d1de.jpg

Just a bit of fun... :roll:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    rake wrote:
    he signs them and then does the clearcoat before making sure its better than any caad 9 or planet x.

I love my CAAD9. I'd not have that bike over it.

Ok, I'd have the group set.
  • rake
    Cornish-J wrote:

this cocks (me) owns the same bike in black so no I dont get a warm feeling belittling your stuff only from the sarcastic joking. i just like adding fuel to the fire of boardman from 'halfords' controversy.
  • rake
    freehub wrote:
    rake wrote:

I love my CAAD9. I'd not have that bike over it.

Ok, I'd have the group set.

just fanning the flames. only know what mine is like, its not bad so far.
  • Anonymous
    The only bike I belittle is Redddragon's Langster. Although it belittle enough as it is...
  • Anonymous
    Cornish-J wrote:

Even warmer when gobby choppers like yourself BITE so hard.
    Have a nice day and lighten up FFS. :roll:
  • Cornish-J
    dmclite wrote:
    Cornish-J wrote:

What a tosser you really are lol.

I guess I was being naïve to think that I would get mature, grown up responses to a perfectly innocent thread. Negative feedback is fine, taking the p!ss and belittling someone’s kit for no reason however is just a sign that some people on here have their heads firmly lodged up their own arse.

Anyway, Thanks to the few guys who responded constructively :)
  • freehub
    internet-serious-business-cat.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Cornish-J wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Cornish-J wrote:

What a tosser you really are lol.

I guess I was being naïve to think that I would get mature, grown up responses to a perfectly innocent thread. Negative feedback is fine, taking the p!ss and belittling someone’s kit for no reason however is just a sign that some people on here have their heads firmly lodged up their own ars*.

Anyway, Thanks to the few guys who responded constructively :)

Nobody belittled anything, we were taking the mick, quite gently as it goes. You kicked off straight away.
    Seems you may be dissapointed with your purchase, I know halfords haven't got the best name for service and buying a new brand can be daunting.
    You say negative feedback is fine, you didn't even get that, it was all positive and some banter chucked in. Speaking for myself my intention was not to belittle your bike, I love the look of the all white boardmans with yellow detail, it is a fresh looking bike and a very good one at that.
    8)
  • Cornish-J
    Why were people 'taking the mick' in the first place, is that the way forum members greet/treat a relative noobie to the forum?

I almost expected the road forum section to be for the more mature rider, maybe 30+, maybe i set my sights a little too high in terms of intelligent and useful feedback/comments.

I'm not dissapointed in the slightest with my bike - i love the boardman, granted it's my first road bike so I don't have anything to compare it too but I'm chuffed with it so far, only thing i'm dissapointed with was the childish comments.
  • freehub
    Cornish-J wrote:

, only thing i'm dissapointed with was the childish comments.

Most of the forum is like that. Best thing to do is find a better forum, perhaps cycle chat might be better? Or Weight Weenies. Dunno of any others apart from those.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You want some constructive hints?

1. White tyres look cack, get some black ones.
    2. Bar tape is dirty
    3. Saddle doesn't match bar tape

Can't remember much else, and you've gone and deleted the photo.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Cornish-J wrote:
    Why were people 'taking the mick' in the first place, is that the way forum members greet/treat a relative noobie to the forum?

I almost expected the road forum section to be for the more mature rider, maybe 30+, maybe i set my sights a little too high in terms of intelligent and useful feedback/comments.

I'm not dissapointed in the slightest with my bike - i love the boardman, granted it's my first road bike so I don't have anything to compare it too but I'm chuffed with it so far, only thing i'm dissapointed with was the childish comments.

Try having a little read through the rest of the forum, then you'd know what to expect. In case you can't be bothered, what you'll find is lots of banter and friendly mickey-taking, generally good feedback for the Boardman bikes offset by problems with Halfords and relatively little actual slagging-off. Throwing around insults within 30-odd posts might not win you many fans, but feel free to carry on regardless.

Oh, and don't forget to the lighten the f**k up. Jeez...
  • Cornish-J

2. Bar tape is dirty

Can't remember much else, and you've gone and deleted the photo.

The white tyres will change to normal ones when they wear out, the white tape does seem to get lagged quite easily, my first road bike so i have no idea how to replace the bar tape, i'm sure its fairly straight forward, although i guess any colour except black will get dirty anyway?

The saddle i had to take from my MTB as the stock boardman one is like sitting on a rock! Practicality over aesthetics :P
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513

2. Bar tape is dirty

how is any of that 'constructive'...??

Bar tape gets dirty - especially if the bike is actually ridden.....

Cornish J - you crack on fella. There were more than a few Boardmans at the race I was at on Sunday - and there were even more bikes with dirty bar tape and non-matching saddles. It didn't seem to slow the riders down....
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I don't get the "it's ok it looks crap it doesn't slow you down" opinion. Why spend so much money and let it look crap? Appearance is part of the game. If you turned up to work all dirty and scruffy, I don't think you could get away with the argument that you can still do the job the same.

If you are unable to keep white tape clean, there is something called "black tape" that doesn't need to be kept clean.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr